Challenge of satiation....

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Staying full...sometimes that can be a challenge. Who wants to feel hungry after you just ate?!?! So, how about trying a few techniques: eating a healthy vegetabel full salad w/ low-fat dressing and/ or a broth based soup. Of course, water (my disdain) has never hurt anyone to drink more of not just with the meal but throughout the day.

I think I will go with the salad today.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• valerieottaviano
    valerieottaviano Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Ok today I'm doing the water I promise because I don't want to let down garlic girl who is so kind to post great challenges for us , plus if it wasn't for you I would maybe not be so accountable to myself !!! Thank you!!!
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I hate water too! But I usually eat so much that I'm rarely hungry... I have learned though if I am it means I've burned more calories and my body is needing it! Gotta stay in tune with your body!
  • alortega730
    alortega730 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have to get back to drinking more water during the day and a salad never hurts :)
  • ndybala
    ndybala Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the Fresh Express Salad Kits. One kit is a complete meal for me, and it's not a lot of calories. It fills me up just right - I'm full but not stuffed. My favorites are the Strawberry Fields, Pear Gorgonzola, and Harvest Peach.

I think I might have one for dinner tonight!

and on the WATER topic...I live in Central Florida, where summer is from March to November...and drinking water is a necessity...but adding a little flavored powder makes it more bearable.
  • Wendy595
    Wendy595 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think I am going with the water today. I have been eating salad when I am hungry or I'd be doing that. I find when I am not at work, I don't drink as much water as I should so I def need to work on this!

--Btw--I'm new :-)
  • shaybell34
    shaybell34 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to drink more water from what i was told by my Dr.. An she said i have to drink more than 8 cups a day.
  • ndybala
    ndybala Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Had a Fresh Express Pear Gorgonzola salad yesterday...the entire bag is only 240 calories, add a medium tomato for an additional 17 calories...not bad for a dinner!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Had a dinner of bitter greens, a cucumber, half a tomato, and a serving of lean grilled veal seasoned with soy sauce and garlic powder. Dessert was homemade popcorn, using only enough canola oil to coat the bottom of the pot.

The whole meal, even with eating a disgusting amount of popcorn (I mean, two people finishing off a 4-qt pot full of popcorn), dinner came in at 540 calories, or 1/3 of my calories for the day, but I felt totally stuffed. Even better, I was under calories and way under cholesterol and saturated fat for the day. I was over for carbs, but far less than usual, and I was just barely over for fat.

I still need fewer carbs and more protein, but I'm getting there!