New To this

Options
Hi:
I'm 48 yrs old and been battling wieght issues pretty much my entire life. I have been working my a*** off for almost a year. Been doing bodypump 3 to 4 times a week, cycling once a week at GoodLife Fitness. I just started running last week, what a challenge, but I'm up for it. I would like to add some friends to FP, for encouragement and advice. Plus making new friends is always nice.

Replies

• kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi - I'm soon to be 44 and have been on this site almost 2 weeks now and it has been great. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive I wish I had done it sooner! Feel free to add me :)
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm Angela. I have 2 teen sons, married for 24 years, and run a small business with my husband. I'd like to lose 50 pounds. I'm learning to love exercise. Even on the days I have to repeatedly tell myself, I love it, I love it, I love it. I do enjoy hiking, biking, running, zumba, and yoga. I try to keep my calories between 1200 to 1400, but don't lose easily or steadily. The doctor said I should drop it to 1000. That seems like celery and lettuce territory. Is anybody eating 1000? Thoughts? I'm 5'3".
  • JuliaWallaceGal
    Options
    Hi All
    Not really new to MFP but am to groups - a great way to get more encouragement.
    I am at a plateau half way through my 10kg (22lbs) and need to push through it to the last 5kgs!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • PamL66
    PamL66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the whole idea of weight loss. My metabolism hit a wall when I hit 40 and I started gaining. It took me by surprise, though it took me a little while to realize what was going on. Me? Gaining weight? It couldn't be. It had never been a problem before. I thought about losing, but really had no motivation. Now realizing I've gained about two jeans sizes in 5 years and not wanting to make that three, it's time to do something about it. About two weeks ago my Blackberry stopped working (gasp!) and I got an iPhone. The phrase "I have an app for that!" now means so much more. I found this app and started tracking everything I eat. I found a pedometer app and downloaded some great music to walk to. I'm hoping it will make a noticeable difference.
  • juliezum
    juliezum Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Julie. I used MFP in march for a while, but I fizzled out. This time around, I thought participating in groups would help. I have a lot to lose, but I'm trying to make small goals, so I don't get too overwhelmed. I'm mostly looking forward to being able to live a fuller life, one that's not dictated by my size.
  • OdysseyEpiphany
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am new to MFP, but not at all new to dieting. I am pretty much the "queen" of yoyo dieting. I am 45 and need to lose about 25 pounds. I work full time, have 2 teenagers and attend college part time. I am looking for fitness/diet buddies. In my mind I know I can do it and that consistency is key, but I lose it in stressful or emotional situations. It's great to be here!
  • JuliaWallaceGal
    Options
    Hey all - this looks like a great group, lets get it rockin'!!!!
  • YoJaxn
    YoJaxn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site since last Thursday and was so excited when I weighed in on Sunday with a 2lb weight loss. I have really been struggling with my weight since I turned 40 and now I am about to turn 43 and I know I have to make a change. This was the last resort for me because when I got on the scale and I was 20lbs shy of 200 lbs that was my wake up call. I am exercising everyday and I am logging my foods and watching what I eat. I am determine to lose at least 40lbs and I will do it the right way, the healthy way. I am excited and I look to these message boards for encouragement. Thank you guys for the post!
  • escobar80103
    Options
    Hi! I've been a member since March but really didn't start to use the webiste until last week. I want to lose 25-35 lbs ASAP but am willing to do it the right way (this time). I've done every pill/fad/etc that has come out over the last few years but have learned its more about changing my eating and lifestyle. I probably could write a book on everything I have studied but never applied it to my life. So here I am! I'm tracking my food and just started exercising. I need some support and motivation...maybe even a challenge.
  • Shazza401
    Shazza401 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Im new to groups but have been using MFP since feb, im 48 and have been trying to lose weight my whole life(sometimes succeding sometimes not) !! have 2 young kids and decided its time to get more active and finally keep weight off!, would love to hear from people with similar goals etc, it blooming hard to remain focused with full time job and 2 young uns, add me as a friend( I dont know how that works mind!!) ill be glad to hear from anyone)
    Shaz
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

Hi to all the newcomers in this thread :)
  • Debbity1
    Debbity1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, i am 48 and new to MFP. I have lost 30 kgs in the last 7 months but have been struggling for the last 2-3 weeks, still want to lose more weight but just can't keep away from making poor food choices so decided something new might help

Debbity