What do you eat before your workout and after your workout?

Options
I eat a small piece of fruit before I workout and after my workout I try to eat high protein foods. I am a vegetarian so my meals consist of meatless meat, vegetables, brown rice, and beans. I have tried Tofu and I don't like it.

Replies

• Msciera03
    Msciera03 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've never thought about eating anything after my workout, I've been told to try eating fruit before. Why high protein afterwards?

I tried tofu last week and it was okay. It doesn't taste like anything, its the consistency that I hate. By the way, I'm on the road to being a vegetarian myself. We'll see how this goes, it will be a month on May 23rd. (In the past I haven't gone longer than a month)
  • SizeHealthy2
    Options
    Hello there and how are you? I have been a vegetarian off and on but I am sticking to it for good now and it has been since December 2011. Protein is good and it replinshes the body. It is also good to eat fruit and a protein. Protein sustains you for a longer period of time. You must eat to lose weight. You can't starve the body by skipping means or minimum eating.
  • MissMilitaryFit
    Options
    I eat small 30mins to an hour before my work out some fruits usually and then after my workout I eat some protein and clean carbs to help rebulid my muscles and replenish my energy another tip is if you want to build muscle do strength training before cardio otherwise the cardio workout will deplete your energy stores and your strength training will not be as effective :)
  • SizeHealthy2
    Options
    Miss MilitaryFit you are absolutely on the money. What kind of evercises do you do when you are in the gym?