Protein powder

Options
Livin_Large
Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
What's the best thing to use to mix the powder with? I'm lactose intollerant so milk is prob out.

Replies

• guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Water is the universal solvent... but adds no flavor, and if your mix has flavor, it has fat, if it has no fat, it has no flavor. I've heard a lot of people use soy or almond milk, and while I've tried soy and it isn't bad (kind of heavy right after a work out, cut with water) I've never touched anything other than cow or soy milk.

Something else I've done (football trianing) was ice, tiny bit of water, or milk, or fruit juice, and a lot of fruit. Try to avoid seeds (strawberries too) as the consistency is kinda off-putting.
  • listabit
    listabit Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've used almond milk, diet cranberry juice, and water with vanilla protein powder. All worked fine.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Water. Never used anything else.
  • Livin_Large
    Options
    Water is the universal solvent... but adds no flavor, and if your mix has flavor, it has fat, if it has no fat, it has no flavor. I've heard a lot of people use soy or almond milk, and while I've tried soy and it isn't bad (kind of heavy right after a work out, cut with water) I've never touched anything other than cow or soy milk.

Something else I've done (football trianing) was ice, tiny bit of water, or milk, or fruit juice, and a lot of fruit. Try to avoid seeds (strawberries too) as the consistency is kinda off-putting.

I've always heard soy is bad for you and confuses your body to make it think it's estrogen.
  • chrisb75
    chrisb75 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I've always heard soy is bad for you and confuses your body to make it think it's estrogen.

Do some google research on this one. Its pretty bunk.
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I use my juicer and mix with fresh orange juice. I use Jay Robb vanilla- they taste like orange julius!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I use 1 cup almond milk and 2 cups of cold decaf coffee + chocolate protein - healthy frappuccino :0
    I love the new unsweetened vanilla/almond/coconut from Almond breeze (45 cals for 1 cup)

I also mix mine wtih ice tea, diet v8 splash, crystal light etc -- depends on the protein flavor.

I think they all taste nasty with just water so I never do that --- all the fluid regardlss still counts as water.
  • grex1949
    grex1949 Posts: 130
    Options
    Almond milk.
  • Livin_Large
    Options
    I use 1 cup almond milk and 2 cups of cold decaf coffee + chocolate protein - healthy frappuccino :0
    I love the new unsweetened vanilla/almond/coconut from Almond breeze (45 cals for 1 cup)

I also mix mine wtih ice tea, diet v8 splash, crystal light etc -- depends on the protein flavor.

I think they all taste nasty with just water so I never do that --- all the fluid regardlss still counts as water.

I'm stopping at the store on the way home, I'll be getting some of that Vanilla/almond/coconut! YUM!