Team RAWR Week 5 Challenges!!!

Options
Quasita
Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
Yes, I know, I'm late ;)

This week's challenges are going to be fairly simple in idea, and hard in implementation.

1. Eliminate an excuse.
We all do it. There are days where we just don't feel like doing this thing we have decided to do, so we find any excuse to justify eating terribly, avoiding activity, etc. What are your excuses? Out of the ones you face, which is the hardest to overcome? Which ones are elective hurdles that you could do without easily, but you let them stop you anyway? Choose one. Tell us all about when you face those situations, and how you overcame it (or didn't).
Examples are:
It's raining, guess I can't go for a walk today, oh well!
Oh, but I never let myself have treats anymore, a couple donuts won't hurt...
I have to do ______ so I can't sleep (even though you have hours to finish it, you stay up anyway and finish at the last minute!)
I'm the only person in my family that's dieting, I can't deprive the kids of junk food, they don't want to eat salads.

Get the picture?

2. Admit a secret cheat or bad habit that is sabotaging your goals.
You know you have one.
Whether it's allowing yourself to eat chocolate during the TOM, not counting the sugar you add to your coffee, deciding that today you'll count your diet soda as water (or even add glasses when you didn't have any fluid at all so your friends won't badger you), knowing that the portion you took is bigger than a serving but justifying it by saying it was only one scoop, on and on and on...
Some people even cheat the other way! They count a full serving when they know they only ate half so they don't have to face the fact that they aren't getting everything that is logged.
Some people graze on healthy foods and don't log them because they are healthy.
Some people don't log at all when they think they'll be over, and once they think that, they let all reason fall out.
So what's your secret?

3. Write a journal entry, private or public (if you go public, please post the link) about the struggles you have had so far. Write it as if you are trying to advise someone that is just beginning this path of self-reinvention, to help them avoid pitfalls and temptations that you have faced when utilizing MFP. We have all been working hard, and sometimes we don't utilize this as a means to spread the wisdom we've gained about ourselves and how to manage healthy lifestyles. Think of it like a sponsorship so to speak.. You are correcting yourself but also charged to lead by example. What would you tell your mentee?

Hope these aren't too hard! As always, I encourage you to get your sleep and your exercise, but I decided this week, it would be good to focus on the things that really stand in our way of getting to our goals. It also will give us a chance to learn from each other!

Happy MFPing! RAWR!

Replies

• ChunkySpice
    ChunkySpice Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    1. I'm the queen of excuses. My biggest one? I'm too tired. (Maybe if I got up and exercised in the morning I would sleep at night and not be tired the next morning. *facepalm*)

2. I don't count tastes of things. If its less than a teaspoon it doesn't get logged.

3. Haven't posted in awhile but my blog is at http://jgpooter.wordpress.com .
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I somehow missed this post. Here is my review of last week.

1. My current excuse seems to be tired, or I've been active cleaning or something of the like so I don't need to exercise today.
    2. My worst is probably not measuring the amount of coffee creamer I use. I estimate that.
    3. My biggest challenge that week was probably the cookie monster coming for a visit. I blog regularly. You can read below.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/violet456