Almost at 6 weeks and feeling nervous!!!!

Options
I know I'm supposed to give this 6 weeks but I am freaking out a little. I've been fluctuating between 165-166 for the last 5 weeks. Monday morning I weighed in at 168. Ugh! I know the gain is from the sodium I consumed on mother's day and the few days before when I was out of town for work and had a hard time with food choices. Anyway, I'm so frustrated! Actually, defeated is probably a better word for the way I feel. The first few weeks of eating more, I crept up in calories. Since then I have been right around 1900-2000. My TDEE-15% is 1974. My diary is open. I just started paying attention to my macros a couple of weeks ago. Is that the problem?
What I am really wondering is how long do I give this before making a change? Then, what change do I make? UGH! Have I mentioned that yet? lol!

Replies

• MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I'm new here so I don't have much advice to offer. Hope you'll get some helpful answers.
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Have you been taking measurements at all? My scale has been being extremely stubborn the past couple of weeks, but my inches are going down so I know fat is disappearing. Just a thought :)
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Agree with taking measurements and PICS!! Don't underestimate the power of pics! I haven't lost weight in over 2 months, but I've gone from size 6 to 2 during that time.

I posted the pics yesterday in my blog, and if I hadn't taken them, I'd have doubted my progress as well. I don't do a good job of measuring, so the pics tell the whole story for me.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/31prvrbs/view/8-weeks-cut-progress-pics-258821

As to how long before you make a change....how long would you (or did you?) stick it out with lower cals?? :huh:

~Kiki
  • Kooopons
    Kooopons Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Agree with the measurements. I've lost NOTHING in pounds in 5 weeks. I also go up and down within the same few, but I've lost inches all over (well except my dang hips!!!) How do your clothes feel?

Kiki- WOW WOW WOW- that photo is unreal. I cant believe that was only 8 weeks, amazing. I would kill for that butt! Nice work.
  • jmmscccslp
    jmmscccslp Posts: 42
    Options
    On your prompting I took my measurements and was pleasantly surprised! I'm down 1" in my waist, 1.5" in my hips and .75" in my thigh! I am happy with that but I surely will not stay at this weight forever! My BMI is in the unhealthy range according to my doctor. I guess I will just stick with my current numbers. Thanks for the support ladies!
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    On your prompting I took my measurements and was pleasantly surprised! I'm down 1" in my waist, 1.5" in my hips and .75" in my thigh! I am happy with that but I surely will not stay at this weight forever! My BMI is in the unhealthy range according to my doctor. I guess I will just stick with my current numbers. Thanks for the support ladies!

Congrats on your loss!!
  • bsinno
    bsinno Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    awesome loss!!!
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options

FWIW - my BMI is in an "unhealthy" range too....as in "obese" :huh:

please take BMI readings w/a LARGE grain of salt......

BMI is very outdated, and doesn't take into account muscle....use ALL factors to measure your progress and health risks, like waist size (which is more current measure of indicating future health risks), and body fat percentage. Your entire body composition, not just your height/weight ratio (aka BMI) need to be considered. :wink:
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I know I'm supposed to give this 6 weeks but I am freaking out a little. I've been fluctuating between 165-166 for the last 5 weeks. Monday morning I weighed in at 168. Ugh! I know the gain is from the sodium I consumed on mother's day and the few days before when I was out of town for work and had a hard time with food choices. Anyway, I'm so frustrated! Actually, defeated is probably a better word for the way I feel. The first few weeks of eating more, I crept up in calories. Since then I have been right around 1900-2000. My TDEE-15% is 1974. My diary is open. I just started paying attention to my macros a couple of weeks ago. Is that the problem?
    What I am really wondering is how long do I give this before making a change? Then, what change do I make? UGH! Have I mentioned that yet? lol!

I will expound on what Kiki just said....I know I low caled for many many years...amazing how we will try that forever without results but are fearful of sticking it out with fueling our body. It takes time to undo all we have done....and tweaking, and patience, and perseverance...that is why I am glad you posted this because I can tell you, you must keep on going....

Be consistent with your calorie intake, but also adhering to the macros...PROTEIN IS SO IMPORTANT...if you are eating up a bunch of carbs and low protein, the results will be different...the macros are a good balance of all needed to support bodily functions, lifts, and cardio...I totally give up on the sodium thing...sodium kills me on the scale everytime and it sounds like the same for you too. If you don't keep it under 2500 for the previous 2 days, then DO NOT GET ON THE SCALE...it will show an inflated number period...that is why it is important to understand what causes fluctuations on the scale...lifting, TOM, sodium, stress, high cardio burns...

Ok, take pics, as you can see from Kiki's pics...ummmm from 6 to 2 and same weight...if she cared about the scale she would be totally deflated...

Today, I am at 159 something lbs...but I am wearing 4/6's when before I would wear 8/10's...so if I cared about the scale I would be in a state of depression...and trust I was a scale monger until 3 mos ago...lol

So, said all that to say, stay the course, left heavy, take measurements and pics, relax in the process because you know as well as I do you feel a whole lot better physically, mentally, emotionally eating 1974 than 1200....:-)
  • angleu
    angleu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So for at least 6 weeks or maybe even a little more, I have weighed between 180.2 and 181.6 (one day it spiked to 183). FOR 6 WEEKS! lol. So frustrating. I have slowly upped my calories. Not too fast I'm getting married in 6 weeks.

Last week, I kid you not, most days I ate 1800 calories (I'm supposed to get to 1900) and I lost 3lbs last week and so far I'm down a half a pound this week!!!!! And it's that TOM..

Now I'm not lifting heavy..walking 6 days a week. And weights 3 times a week.

Stick to it..
  • jmmscccslp
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone! This is exactly what I needed- a mental boost! Thanks for taking the time to do that for me. I love hearing everyone elses story. We are also weighing in every week at work and I am the only one who is the same or up a pound every week! That is a mental game too. I would quit but I'm on a team. Anyway, thanks for everything! I'll keep you posted on the good things to come!
  • jmmscccslp
    Options
    So for at least 6 weeks or maybe even a little more, I have weighed between 180.2 and 181.6 (one day it spiked to 183). FOR 6 WEEKS! lol. So frustrating. I have slowly upped my calories. Not too fast I'm getting married in 6 weeks.

Last week, I kid you not, most days I ate 1800 calories (I'm supposed to get to 1900) and I lost 3lbs last week and so far I'm down a half a pound this week!!!!! And it's that TOM..

Now I'm not lifting heavy..walking 6 days a week. And weights 3 times a week.

Stick to it..
    That is so great! good for you!
  • jmmscccslp
    Options

FWIW - my BMI is in an "unhealthy" range too....as in "obese" :huh:

please take BMI readings w/a LARGE grain of salt......

BMI is very outdated, and doesn't take into account muscle....use ALL factors to measure your progress and health risks, like waist size (which is more current measure of indicating future health risks), and body fat percentage. Your entire body composition, not just your height/weight ratio (aka BMI) need to be considered. :wink:
    wow! i guess BMI is a little off! loved your pics- you look awesome! i'll take some pics this week.
  • jmmscccslp
    Options

I will expound on what Kiki just said....I know I low caled for many many years...amazing how we will try that forever without results but are fearful of sticking it out with fueling our body. It takes time to undo all we have done....and tweaking, and patience, and perseverance...that is why I am glad you posted this because I can tell you, you must keep on going....

Be consistent with your calorie intake, but also adhering to the macros...PROTEIN IS SO IMPORTANT...if you are eating up a bunch of carbs and low protein, the results will be different...the macros are a good balance of all needed to support bodily functions, lifts, and cardio...I totally give up on the sodium thing...sodium kills me on the scale everytime and it sounds like the same for you too. If you don't keep it under 2500 for the previous 2 days, then DO NOT GET ON THE SCALE...it will show an inflated number period...that is why it is important to understand what causes fluctuations on the scale...lifting, TOM, sodium, stress, high cardio burns...

Ok, take pics, as you can see from Kiki's pics...ummmm from 6 to 2 and same weight...if she cared about the scale she would be totally deflated...

Today, I am at 159 something lbs...but I am wearing 4/6's when before I would wear 8/10's...so if I cared about the scale I would be in a state of depression...and trust I was a scale monger until 3 mos ago...lol

So, said all that to say, stay the course, left heavy, take measurements and pics, relax in the process because you know as well as I do you feel a whole lot better physically, mentally, emotionally eating 1974 than 1200....:-)
    Thanks Lucia for being so motivating and comforting. I will keep at it and really look forward to the day that I am a "recovering scale monger!" lol
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Scale mongering is so common and so... society. Don't beat yourself for being how the world has trained us to be.

I am recovering also... for me though all I care about is how I look in the mirror. Measurements don't even matter - just track them to see if I am losing fat.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Take a look at my pic..

My BMI....it basically says I should be wheeled around in a cart, and/or rolling my fatass down the street, the blob style. I dont trust BMI one bit.

I carry a lot of muscle in my legs (my thighs are 32.5" around lol) but I also carry a belly.

However with that said I do have lotsa weight to lose