30's Daily - 5/16

Options
chanstriste13
chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)

Replies

• chanstriste13
    Options
    ugh. the entire back of my body is *sore* today from doing deadlifts! i only did 60 pounds, which felt pretty light at the time, but i am feeling it today! i'm going to train with psycho lady at ten - i'm sure she'll have me do something that will take my mind off of it and have me sore somewhere else! happy hump day, everyone!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Wow, I must have really pushed myself lifting last night because I am really tired today! As in tired enough that I forgot to put water in the coffee maker, yeesh. One more lifting workout and I will be done with stage 2 and taking a break for 10 days so it will be pretty much all cardio for that time. Going to hit the gym after work tonight, hopefully I won't be too sore by then.

Have a good day everyone!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I too am feeling the effects of my return to the gym, in my quads. Ouch, stairs!

I'm thinking of switching up my cardio from 3 days running to 2 days HIIT running plus one longer slow run. I might wait until my HRM arrives (tomorrow! :bigsmile: ) and give it a go with a regular session first.

I stayed up too late watching Glee :yawn:

Happy hump day! The sun finally came back here.
  • lilpe5512
    lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Good day everyone!

I was lazy yesterday and only did 30DS.

Today is boot camp day and C25K/Wk2D1.

Enjoy your day!
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hello again good people of the Thirty Somethings, hope everyone has had a good day. I'm still a little sore from doing pullups the other night. Tonight is day two of strength training, chest, shoulders and triceps. I will have to face the ultimate nemesis of the fat guy, pressups. Should be ok though. This week at work has been really tough but i think after my weekend i needed that.
    My delivery from the grocery store had a surprise in it last night. Somehow i managed to order 4kg of apples! I've eaten 5 apples so far today. You can't like overdose on apples right?
  • chanstriste13
    Options
    Good day everyone!

I was lazy yesterday and only did 30DS.

Today is boot camp day and C25K/Wk2D1.

Enjoy your day!

rock it out with your c25k! woot!
  • shorty313
    Options
    Curly - how is 'only' 30DS being lazy?!?!

Paul - umm, not sure there's a delicate way to say this, but apples can be binding for some people. For other people, it might have the opposite effect. :tongue:

It is WAY humid today, like 70%. I was gross after my jog, and quit at 2.25 miles.
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Paul - watch the sugar levels in those apples, too!

To everyone aching from exercise - I think I may be joining you tomorrow :wink: But I will try to keep myself flexible enough for Zumba tomorrow evening.

I got out for my first solo bike ride!! I had planned a circular route of about 2.5 miles and as the sun was out, I went and did it. I took me about 12 minutes (so about 12 miles an hour!). I'm quite pleased with that - I will build my confidence slowly but surely!! I came in an drank a pint of water and then did some resistance band work whilst I was warm. Can feel certain muscles in my arms!!

Diet not been so good today - I "adjusted" my protein macro yesterday to encourage me to eat even more, and I haven't made it today. I'm also over on my fat and saturated fat counts :sad: :ohwell: It will take time to get the balace right I suppose. I am also refreshing my memory about low GI carbs, and trying to eat more of those too! Trying to tell myself not to change everything all at once...
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Oh boy, maybe i'd best calm down on the apples then. Would be a shame to waste them though. Once my fiance stopped laughing when i told her about my error she did say she'd help me out a bit and eat the odd apple over the weekend. Not sure what you mean by binding but i really don't like the sound of it at all :wink:.
    Just back from the gym and a strength training session. Gym sessions seem so much shorter now. I'm thinking of uping my cardio by an extra 20 minutes. Just seems strange to go to the gym and not work up much of a sweat. Don't get me wrong the weights hurt and pressups tonight were what the kids call an "epic fail", Early days yet i guess.

Clareeast - That's a great result for a first solo bike ride, well done indeed.
  • shorty313
    Options
    My HRM arrived, woot!
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    C25k week 2 day 2 was a success. I made myself pick up the pace because what good is doing a 5k if it takes all day to finish! lol