Hopefull After Finding This Group

Options
SarieCherries
SarieCherries Posts: 23 Member
Hello gang!

I've been on MFP for 35 days now, and haven't really noticed any changes. I'm on Day 4 Lvl 3 of the 30 Day Shred and checked my measurements to see no loses and the scale isn't budging. I was doing C25K and bodyrock before the Shred. Still nothing.

Much frustration and dismay let me tell you. My knee-jerk reaction was to lower my calories since clearly, I was eating too much and "maintiaining" my current weight. But reading things on here, I'm wondering if I need to eat more.

I am 5'6 weighed 178.0 this morning which is what I weighed when I started MFP, if not a little more.

I just set my daily calories to 1751 with TDEE at 2189 and BMR at 1592

Hopefully this will make a change and I'll start seeing some of the results of all my hard work. Any suggestions? Am I on the right path finally? I appreciate this group and all of your help!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Welcome to the group and to a lifestyle change.

I calculated your numbers using the Scooby calculator.

I guessed on your age at 28 *shrug*

Sounds like you are doing moderate to strenuous exercise with your programs.

I calculated your numbers as follows:

BMR- 1556
    TDEE - 2411
    TDEE Cut (-20%) - 1929

This is with calculating 3-5 hours of moderate exercise a week. However with some of your programs you might even be in the strenuous categorie which would put your TDEE Cut target at 2147

So I if I were you, I would start at 1929 with a macro ratio of 40% protien, 30% carbs, 30% fat). Give it 6 weeks at that level.

Remember the key is being consistent, ignoring the scale and taking measurements.

But yes you are on the right track :) And welcome to the group.
  • SarieCherries
    Options
    Thank you! That's even more calories than I thought I needed! Whew! This is going to take some getting used to but it makes sense mathmatically and all! I want to be strong and fit not just thin.

And thank you for the guess. I'm 30. :D
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I would definitely go with that higher number. You are doing some great workouts! I just joined here after 2 years of banging my head against a wall and bouncing around 5 pounds. I hope you enjoy this! I'm starting to wake up starving and I think it's my metabolism going nuts!
  • SarieCherries
    Options
    Thank you! I'm definitely going to give this a go. I'm feeling good about this!
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm definitely going to give this a go. I'm feeling good about this!

Youll feel even better when you realize you get to eat, normal and healthy and not starve yourself to lose weight :) Much easier to keep this lifestlye that way, when your not starving, not binging ect...your just living life
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    So glad you are here!