Introductions

Options
chica23GK
chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
Hi y'all - I'm new to MFP but not to dieting & gaining. Hoping accountability will help me be stay on track. I really WANT to lose weight and I really KNOW that I should - there is diabetes & hi-blood pressure in my family. Just recently, diabetic mom was diagnosed with liver cirrohsis from long-term fatty liver. It's scary that I could be on that same path. I know that losing 50 lbs would keep me from developing these health issues, so here I am. I'm also knew to blogs & message boards, so please bear with me :)

Replies

• marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a good place to be!
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    welcome!
  • MissMiley
    MissMiley Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My name is Cynde, I'm 56 and just got on MFP this week to begin my weight loss journey. Hoping to find others to share experiences with and hopefully motivate and support one and other.

On January 1st I decided this was the year I was going to loose this weight. So, I decided to make a plan....trouble is, I found myself in April and I'm STILL trying to make a plan!! So, I decided to quit thinking about it and get STARTED! Hoping that logging into MFP and tracking my food where I can see the actual numbers will help me realize what I'm eating.

Wish me luck!! I'm ready to be done with thinking about it and actually DO IT!

Look forward to getting to know ya'll!

Cynde
    Houston, Texas
  • marsellient
    Options
    Welcome, Cynde. Take a look through the forums for the success stories and you will see that this does work! There's lots of advice on the forums, too, if you do a quick search. I'm trying to take it slowly and like a lot of people our age, doing this for long term health as well as appearance. Feel free to send me a message if you'd like!
  • chica23GK
    chica23GK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi Cynde - I know what you mean. I "started" in January - yea, started thinking about it! I just got on MFP & I spent a couple weeks just getting comfortable with the site. I kept track, at first, just to see how I eat. Now, I'm on a plan. I'm 50+ also - it's now or never for me. Good luck to you.
  • jFaye12
    jFaye12 Posts: 12
    Options
    Just joined this group. Looking for motivation. I am very short and 60#s overweight. That should be motivation enough right! Like to walk and golf. But am much better at walking.
  • marsellient
    Options
    Welcome jFaye. I like to golf, too...not very good, though! It's a fun activity with friends.
  • jFaye12
    jFaye12 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thank you, Looking forward to losing some weight and maybe some strokes off my golf score. But the weight is more important.
  • walker001
    walker001 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Welcome from me as well. you have come to a great place for support and info.
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome all - it's nice to have some ladies that have similar goals! i would welcome some new friends as well!
    Mary
  • EllenGould
    EllenGould Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi i'm Ellen. Been on mfp for a couple weeks now and just joined this group, thanks for having me. I started this because my doctor just put me on medication for my diabetes. I am determined to control the disease and not let it control me so i'm set to loose at least 50 pounds in hopes of getting it under control. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend, I can use the encouragement.
  • happytobemeagain
    Options
    Have to get the diabetes under control. I have to loose at least 50 lbs. Going to start with small goals. I started with mfp back in December, but got side tracked. This is my new beginning. :smile:
  • ma_bitts
    ma_bitts Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 51 and have 80 lbs to lose, all gained within the past 6 years. I lost 60 lbs in my 20s, and as I'm learning, this is a whole new ballgame. Good to have support with ladies who get it. :)