What does an average's day's food look like?

Options
Hi there, I just started reading NROL4W and I am going to start next week (I am currently recovering from a throat infection)

I am curious as to what an average day's worth of food looks like for you guys as I'm really maxing out my appetite at 1600 calories and I can't imagine putting away 1900+ even on days when I have a really hard kickboxing session.

Breakfast:

Snack:

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Replies

• airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello I am not following the eating plan to a T (since my family would never eat most of the meals in the book) but I do pretty well during the day at work.

Breakfast - Option 1 - Quaker Oats old fashion oats with a scoop of Isopure protein powder and fresh berries (usually strawberries and blueberries). Option 2 - Brownberry Sandwich thins with egg beater, spinach, and 1 ounce of feta cheese (I mix it all together and make an egg sandwich.

Snack - Workout Days - after workout I have one scoop Isopure protein power, mixed with almond milk and strawberries.
    Nonwork out days - Fiber bar - usually FIber One

Lunch - Something with chicken (boneless skinless chicken breast) sometime in a salad, sometimes just the filet. Cottage cheese and peaches. If I want to treat myself I eat out, which is always going to be something at Protein Bar, I love it but I try not to buy lunch too often cause it gets expensive, plus I am trying to be aware of my sodium intake.

Snack - Ricotta cheese, honey, and whole wheat pita. Or I always have fresh fruit on hand and raw almonds. I also like Kale smoothies, try it with bananas and low sugar fruit juice its pretty good.

Dinner - I stay away from pastas at night if I can, I dont eat fried food, but I am from chicago and pizza is on the menu every other Friday. I just watch my portions, and try to substitute where I can, when the family isn't looking (LOL) like ground turkey, turkey bacon, whole wheat pasta (if am eating it), light anything like sour cream, mayo, cottage cheese.

Hope that helps, and good luck :)
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I don't follow the plan in the book to a T either

Breakfast - Oatmeal, cottage cheese, fruit and I'll add a protein shake with milk on workout days

Snack - peanut butter - may add a sandwich thin on occasion

Lunch - protein and veggie - generally left overs from the night before

Snack - generally don't have one, but if I do it's usually almonds and fruit

Dinner - protein and veggies. I try to stay away from carbs at night, but since hubby does most of the cooking, that's not always possible.
  • sadiesimp
    sadiesimp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I try my best do to 40/30/30 most days and generally eat about the same things every week haha. My diary is open if you need any ideas but after a few days you won't see too much variety :)

a typical day for me might look something like this

Breakfast: english muffin and peanut butter with a piece of fruit or 1 egg + egg whites + cheese + veggie omelet with a piece of fruit

Snack: protein powder + almond milk if I've worked out, apple + string cheese or almonds

Lunch: sandwich--whole wheat sandwich thin/cheese/deli meat/spinach/mustard + some kind of veggie dipped in hummus + a kashi bar

Snack: usually one or more of the following--apple, orange, string cheese, spoon full of peanut butter, almonds, bowl of cereal

Dinner: usually I'll eat bacon + eggs + fruit or grilled chicken + veggies + sweet potato. Tonight I mixed a can of tuna with some greek yogurt and mustard and mixed in some salad greens and ate that with a small sweet potato and some pinepple and it really the spot!

Sometimes at night I like to eat greek yogurt mixed with vanilla protien powder because it keeps me full through the night and it tastes kind of like cake batter :)
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I follow the macros in the book as best I can and alternate my cals between 1716 and 1961. If I work out on non lifting days, I eat those cals back. I am a creature of habit so my breakfasts and lunches are almost always the same:

B: protein shake with a fat (coconut oil or half an avocado), a banana, and spinach.
    Post workout: another shake or a protein bar

L: Eggbeater omelet with cheese, black, beans, spinach, & salsa, Greek yogurt, a cup of blueberries

D: meat & veggies, sometimes a bread or potato thrown in there.

Snacks: cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, a pear, 1 cup of dry cereal, sometimes some ice cream or vodka. :)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with fruit or eggs or breakfast quinoa with fruit and coffee

Snack: Protein bar and/or icelandic yogurt

Lunch: This week, a salad with feta, eggs and tuna

Snack: protein bar or shake if after a workout. Otherwise I don't really eat this meal.

Dinner: this week, crab stuffed flounder with corn and edamane

I'm a creature of habit. I tend to eat the same thing. I'm also a pescetarian.
  • DrG3n3
    DrG3n3 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I don't follow to a T either, but have used the recipe's and stuff.

Breakfast: Proatmeal. Eggs, bacon, toast. Cereal with fruit. Breakfast burrito. I alternate them, but always have protein coffee.

Snack: Boiled egg. Almonds. Greek yogurt. Something of this nature.

Lunch: Left overs. A tuna sandwich with yogurt. A greek salad. Sometimes an egg salad sandwich.

Snack: Almonds. Greek yogurt. Kashi bar.

Dinner: Some protein, veggies and occasionally a carb.