Into my third week

Hi All, I am halfway through my third week. Doing pretty good, survived a wedding without eating anything! Most the foods are Ok, but had the peach oatmeal for the first time and BLEK , its horrible. Also i find the brownies have a nasty aftertaste. Any suggestions on how to make these taste better? I have the spice pancakes with i have always made into mug muffins and dip into WF syrup Yum! And the chocolate pudding oh my, i love that stuff i have it everyday :-) I have 100 pounds to lose, and the task seems daunting, but i get a lot of encouragemant seeing everyonesweight loss ticker so far down !

Replies

• littleredjd
    littleredjd Posts: 66
    I'm on my 3rd week, too! I like to add a teaspoon of SF Carmel syrup to the brownies. Sometimes, I add a tablespoon of egg white in place of a tablespoon of water to make it "fluffier" since they tend to be quite dense.

You can make banana shake into pretty decent pancake with 1/4 tsp baking powder, 1-2 tablespoons egg white, and enough water to make into pancake batter consistency.

Remember, egg white counts against your protein for lean and green, but it is worth it sometimes in the morning to start of with something that makes you feel like you had a "fun" breakfast.

The soft serve peanut butter is awesome if you have a good, strong blender that will turn ice into a smoothie. In fact, it is so good my fiance will have one with me and I don't mind it at all since it makes me feel like the food I am eating is good enough for "normal" people, too. He eats the lean and green with me, too, so for the most part that means we don't have a lot of food in the house that I can't eat on plan. It is all about self control when it comes right down to it.

I'd say my favorite foods are the vanilla pudding, dutch chocolate shakes (dissolve better IMO), soft serve peanut butter, banana shakes, medibites (pizza more so than BBQ), and the brownies.
  • marjolycookie
    marjolycookie Posts: 90 Member
    I like the brownies, they remind me sort of lava cakes. Are you microwaving or oven cooking them? I always put them in the oven (be sure to spray down their little trays with nonstick stuff) and they have a great consistency when they come out. I admit I have added some honey to them after baking because I love honey and it makes everything tastier.

The chocolate chip soft bake is a better baked dessert though. They naturally come out a lot fluffier.

I found all the oatmeals to be extremely nasty so I used them up as quickly as possible and never ordered them again.
  • redlicoricelover
    redlicoricelover Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for the help guys! Its a daunting task , but I am enjoying medifast so far
  • basenji
    basenji Posts: 208 Member
    I read a tip online and now this is the only way I make the brownies. Microwave the brownies for 30 seconds then put in the freezer for about 30 min. It is really good that way!