Vitamins/Supplements/Medications...what do you take ?

Dot2Dots
Dot2Dots Posts: 137 Member
As a woman over 40, I was curious as what vitamins/supplements or medications do you take on daily basis ?

I take a Multi-vitamin for women, B6(100mg), Calcium w/ vitamin D & Omega-3.

I am not on any prescribed medications such a BP, Cholesterol etc... . I do take a Motrin600 or a Vicoden500 when AF is here due to female issues ( I have Endometriosis and the pain is quite unbarely at times ).

What about you, what are you taking ? Have you lowered your BP or Cholesterol with eating healthy/losing weight ?

Replies

• jporte
    jporte Posts: 164 Member
    Nothing....should be taking the multivitamins that are sitting on my desk but I always forget. I do eat a ton of fruit and veggies so I'm probably ok to skip it.....I need to take calcium because I don't really eat much dairy.
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Daily supplements: multi-vitamin, vit D, B12, and 16mg slow absorb iron. I have low iron issues and started taking the iron a year ago when I started the C25K program. Every other day or so I'll take a calcium tablet. I have taken fish oil in the past but read about some negative effects and didn't get more once my supply ran out.
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    I take a "Stress Formula" that contains B complex, vit C and E. I also take a acidophilus and probiotic supplement. I take my supplements at night to avoid stomach upset.
  • henjenca
    henjenca Posts: 3
    I take prenatal vitamins from Trader Joe (only because I am pretty anemic and prenatals have iron) and then iron pill too, and cod liver oil every-other day. (the added fat keeps me from every day)

I don't do well with dairy, so I should probably look into getting more calcium.

waving- Hi, I'm new to this group :)
  • docturtle
    docturtle Posts: 156 Member
    I alternate between the following: calcium & vitamin D, Lutein, vitamin B 50 complex, vitamin B6, multi-vitamin, fish oil.