Low carb chocolate

Options
Stephie_J
Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
Has anyone worked out what the lowest carb chocolate is in the UK? I brought some chocolate back from Switzerland with me and could have 2 little 'Mini Branche classic' chocolates at 7.1g carbs but I don't have many left now so am looking into what I can have next for my chocolate fix!

Replies

• jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Green & Black's 85% Dark Chocolate has 6g of carbs per 25g. Don't know if it is the lowest.

That's what I have on occasion.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Lindt Excellence 85% cocoa is 19g carbs per 100g (which is the whole bar) - they also do a 90% which is lower (maybe 16g?)...both are really good!!

Tesco's 85% comes in at 18.2g per 100g but I've not tried it.
  • Stephie_J
    Stephie_J Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Lindt Excellence 85% cocoa is 19g carbs per 100g (which is the whole bar) - they also do a 90% which is lower (maybe 16g?)...both are really good!!

Tesco's 85% comes in at 18.2g per 100g but I've not tried it.

Might try the Lindt one :) The Green & Blacks is just over £2!

THANKS! :D
  • jlbay
    jlbay Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm going to have to check out the Lindt as well. 19g of carb for the whole bar - and I won't eat 100g of dark choc at one sitting.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I don't know what brands are available there, but generally the darker the chocolate, the less sugar it has (and more fat). I usually get the 85% or 90% dark chocolate. I can eat 1 or 2 squares and be satisfied.

Thanks, now I want chocolate! :tongue:
  • djf23
    djf23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Well Naturally - Sugar Free Dark Chocolate - Valencia Orange (45gm Bar), 45 g

they have 2 grams of carbs in the whole bar!!!! i love them.....try the almond or orange they the best