need help with afternoon snack

Options
Snapdragons3
Snapdragons3 Posts: 47 Member
Hello, I'm slowly switching over to paleo. I need to replace my afternoon snack of peanut butter crackers. Can you recommend something that is easily portable to work, around 200 calories and has a good bit of protein to last me to dinner? Thanks!

Replies

• twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    my afternoon snack as of late has been 1 pack of 100 calorie Wholly Guacamole with either baby carrots or red pepper strips. Lots of good fats but not a whole lot of protien - but the fat keeps me full up and it is a good amount of food...

Protien way - You could do a small apple with some almond butter or some jerky (have to watch the package you buy though to make sure it isn't loaded with added sugar and soy - we make our own)
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Take along some fruit and a hard-boiled egg or two. :)
  • Snapdragons3
    Options
    Thanks, but that might be too many eggs in one day for me since I have them for breakfast too. :)
  • redpat74
    redpat74 Posts: 33
    Options
    I eat jerky. Checking out recepies to make my own. Anybody want to share?
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I was going to say guacamole or beef jerky also. A handful of nuts. Maybe a handful of berries if you're not eating a lot of fruit already. Almond butter.... yum!
  • mehaugen
    mehaugen Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Cans of tuna, herring, salmon, or sardines. More protein than all the other options.
  • bozmo
    bozmo Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I don't know the calorie count but pork skins and guac hit the spot. Maybe just the pork skins will do.
    a small handful of nuts is a favorite of mine
    veggies of any kind, maybe with some almond butter
    celery and cream cheese (if you do dairy)
    bacon is good any time of day :)
    turkey and onion/herbs/peppers/tomato/whatever rolled in a piece of lettuce
    +1 on Cans of tuna, herring, salmon, or sardines.
    +1 on beef jerky

but I found that after I cut the carbs and crap out of my diet I don't really need snacks anymore. That 2 o'clock munchie feeling has gone away.
  • Snapdragons3
    Options

but I found that after I cut the carbs and crap out of my diet I don't really need snacks anymore. That 2 o'clock munchie feeling has gone away.

This gives me hope!! :)
  • KBGirts
    KBGirts Posts: 882 Member
    Options

This gives me hope!! :)

It's true!!! Sometimes I have to remind myself to eat because I know I need the fuel from a workout. When I'm not hungry I tend to forget!