30's 5/17

Options
lilpe5512
lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
Good day!

Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)

Replies

• lilpe5512
    Options
    Good morning 30's! Is everybody sleeping in or am I up too early?

To day is my birthday! :drinker: I still young and tender!:blushing:

Enjoy your day!
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Happy birthday! Hope you have some fun birthday plans for the day!

I'm venturing out to a happy hour tonight and I've tried to plan my whole day so I don't end up blowing it. I'm hoping people will not want to order food, but that is probably hoping for too much. Its at one of my favorite restaurants too so it will be a test of the willpower for sure!

Have a good day everyone!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! 38 right? I hope you enjoy!

We have the kids' spring concert tonight. Nothing funnier than watching 2 year old try not to fall offstage and 4 year olds singing in sunglasses :laugh:

I'm a bit leg-tired from yesterday. I've been running and lifting on the same day, though about 8 hours apart. I think I might have to split it into different days.

Almost the weekend!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a 12 week lifting program in 3 stages, stage 1 is weeks 1-4, stage 2 weeks 5-8, stage 3 weeks 9-12.

When I hurt my neck at week 3, I needed to take 3 weeks off. I started again this week, assuming I'd just finish week 4 and move onto stage 2 (week 5) next week, but now I'm wondering if I should repeat any/all stage 1.

My core and upper body feel good, but my legs, quads especially, are a bit tired/sore.

Thoughts?
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    Happy Birthday CurlyPep!! Hope you're having a really good day!!

I got up this morning feeling a bit tired/stiff - first thought was Yay! Exercise is working!. But after lunch I felt really, really poorly - coughing and wheezing (had to take asthma inhaler!) and everything aches. And I was really, really cold. Wondering whether the aches and pains were exercise related after all, or whether they were the early warning signs of a nasty cold. The only positive is I'm not very hungry...

Had to decide not to go to Zumba - and was so looking forward to a decent calorie burn. Classroom day on my course tomorrow, so that rules out the chance of much exercise - but my body seems to be telling me to rest, so that is what I will do.
  • SaraGrace82
    SaraGrace82 Posts: 232
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Happy birthday, CurlyPep!!

I spent all day yesterday getting the house ready for company. No gym though...

Tonight we are going back to weight lifting. We keep having having a couple good weeks followed by a week or two where we just can't managed to get it together. I am back to tracking today, finally. Clawing my way back on to the wagon.

Hope everyone is doing well today!

Cheers,
    Sara Grace
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hi Gang!

Another brutal day at work today. I must admit though that these long days where i'm constantly on my feet are just what i needed to reverse the effects of my weekend of sin, Everyone seems to be on form today apart from poor Clare who's feeling poorly. Get well soon. Friday is almost upon us which means i'm just a few days away from something i've been craving all week. My Sunday morning lie in. All this getting up at 5 am stuff really isn't me at all. So yes no getting out of bed for me on Sunday before 9am. Unless the house is on fire or something.

Have a good day gang and best of luck with your workouts :smile:
  • lilpe5512
    Options
    Hi Gang!

Another brutal day at work today. I must admit though that these long days where i'm constantly on my feet are just what i needed to reverse the effects of my weekend of sin, Everyone seems to be on form today apart from poor Clare who's feeling poorly. Get well soon. Friday is almost upon us which means i'm just a few days away from something i've been craving all week. My Sunday morning lie in. All this getting up at 5 am stuff really isn't me at all. So yes no getting out of bed for me on Sunday before 9am. Unless the house is on fire or something.

Have a good day gang and best of luck with your workouts :smile:

I agree. That 5am stuff isn't me either, but we have to work! I love when the days come that I get to sleep in.
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, CurlyPep!

I'll add myself to the list of those *not* in great form today... I have rotator cuff issues and woke up in the middle of the night with my left shoulder SCREAMING in pain (this happens fairly regularly, and it sucks big time), so, needless to say, I slept like poo.

Anyway, I attempted a Jillian Michaels workout a little bit ago. Unwise. 10 minutes in I had to give up because I couldn't do planks or pushups or downward dog...which pretty much made the entire workout impossible. Hopefully my shoulder will ease up and I'll be able to do the full workout again sometime in the next few days :grumble: On the bright side, I have a massage scheduled for next Thursday, so if nothing else works, that should get my shoulder back on track.

Also on the bright side, I may have talked my husband into an impromptu date night tonight involving mini golf and dinner out. Hooray for small victories! :drinker:
  • lissa0040
    lissa0040 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Happy Bday Curly Pep! Hope you had an awesome day!

Hope you feel better soon Clare.

Last week was BRUTAL. I barely worked out at all. excuses excuses. This week I am making a comeback and I will make it to the second tier goal this time around. My personal goal is to finish 15miles by the end of the week!

Have an awesome Friday!