anyone else hate the cable?

Options
I can't seem to get to grips with it at all. I did workout 5 for the first time today and hated the amount of cable. I ended up picking up weights and doing the moves with weights instead of the cable. Do you think it is okay to use weights instead of a cable, especially as my form seems to really suffer with the cable?

Replies

• KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    I had the same problem today. I also started with workout 5. They get the band together so quickly that the exercises have started before I'm set up. Also, the handles were really hard to get in place so I could grip them properly. Without the cable you lose some of the extra resistance on your leg but as long as you're in the lunge and using weights I doubt it would make a noticeable difference. I was thinking of doing the same thing myself.
  • Ceceamanda
    Ceceamanda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you both. Started workout 5 and was miserable. I started to get the hang of it more the 2nd time around but not the much. I'm 5'9 so I always feel like the green cable isn't long enough for me to actually use. I wish I had gotten their black pretty ones. I previewed workout 6 and was glad to see less cable work. I think if you're using heavier weights you're still getting a good workout on your arms. That is a smart idea. I was in too much pain to think that far ahead :)
  • Padmo
    Padmo Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same problems today with workout 5. I also just picked up some weights for the chest presses.

I'm spending most of the workout trying not to fall over, lol.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    This is so me!!! Glad I am not the only one..and yes they get those cables and go to work before you have a good grip!
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    If you received the green "replacement cable" because of overwhelming demand....it's not you. It's the cable! The green cable stinks. It's too short and thick. See if you can get the real cable that was supposed to come with the program (exactly like the video). I replaced my cable with a longer one (about a foot longer, apparently that's the standard length) and everything is so much better. You're doing the right thing for the time being, but really consider getting a good long cable that you can manage. Remember that you can up the resistance of a lighter one if that's what you decide to purchase. I'm in week 8, and I can tell you that you'll be using the "torture tube" a lot!
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    E mail the company!! They sent me the black cable at no charge. I told them the green cable didn't work right and they were very willing to send me the black one:)