Help with macros please

Options
sal82
sal82 Posts: 33 Member
Hi guys, I'm new to reducing carbs. I haven't really set a level yet but have been trying to stay under around 100g of net carbs and only get the carbs from fresh foods like fruit, veg and dairy. I previously followed low calorie and lost around 10kg but then stopped and recycled the same 1kg for around 6 weeks. I lowered my carbs(previously through the roof) and lost 1.5kg in a week. This week I only lost 200g but for me that is ok after a week of big loss. Sorry I'm from australia so have no real idea of pounds.
My main question is what should I set my macro's to? How high should my fat and protein be? I have been going WAY over the current MFP reccomendations so I'm thinking I need to change them. Any advise? Thanks :)

Replies

• mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Atkins says that your protein is 30% and your carbs start around 10% and go up from there. I tried super low induction for a month and lost weight but didn't have enough energy for workouts. I have mine set at 20% carbs, 30%protein , 50% fat (I'm usually under on that). I upper my calories also. This broke a 4 week plateau--more importantly I feel good at this level. You have to try different things to find your own sweet spot. Mainly I have cut out all white flour--most grains in general, all sugar and am careful with dairy. I never ate processed prepackaged food--but if I had I would cut that out. I very very rarely will grab an Atkins shake if the alernative is skipping a meal--maybe once or twice a week--that's sort of a guilty pleasure.