is it me? or them?

Options
Is it me or people who eats less than 1,200 or trying to eat low calories piss me off??

I was one of them 2.5 weeks ago

UGH! They are making me feel I'm the worse person.. oh you are so lucky you are eating that much. you are so lucky you are losing weight eating those calories.

HUH? I have not checked my scale. I DEFINITELY GAINED. But I'm doing it for MYSELF.. I'm so sick of how society works--- SCALE SCALE SCALE SCALE.. BMI BMI BMI BMI. Well, they can go hell because I'm done thinking about them. They affect me over through years

Help me get through this. Next 4 weeks is going to be hard...

<VENT> Ok I'm done </VENT>

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Hey lady... keep going. Do you know for sure you have your NET amount in MFP properly? Is that net they give you somewhere near your BMR? Are you logging exercise separately or did you use the TDEE -15% method?

Diet mentality is rampant in our world today... hang in there! You can't diet forever. You have to learn to eat at a sustainable level.

HUGE HUG.
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    yup

Last time I know, I'm 152 lbs
    5'4"
    30 years old
    female of course
    moderate activity (3x week weight lifting, cardio in between (hiit and circuit intervals)

my bmr is 1478
    TDEE: 2291
    - 15% calorie reduction= 1948.

I am going to stick to that numbers for next 4-6 weeks to see. I will eat more if I burnt more than 470 calories that day.

I am tempted to binge on salsa and chips tonight and go over 1,948 LOL :)
  • missdimpley
    Options
    Btw- I got this info from this website, http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • michellekicks
    Options
    You know... at the very worst... what you're eating right now is close to your maintenance intake. So I think 4-6 weeks is great. 15% isn't a lot of wiggle room, so it could definitely take a while to find out what's going on. You could just be re-feeding, still, and once your body knows you're not going to starve it anymore it will give up the rest of the fat.
  • missdimpley
    Options
    I have not check scale yet. do you think I am supposed to do 20% instead fo 15%

My bad

BMR 1470
    TDEE: 2278
    TDEE- 15%= 1936
  • michellekicks
    Options
    Nah... keep doing what you're doing.
  • missdimpley
    Options
    I will be doing that for next 4 weeks.. I am just frustrated with some people who is at 1,200 and is losing weight.. I can't do that anymore. i was stuck within 5 lbs for a year... but I got toner though.
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I will be doing that for next 4 weeks.. I am just frustrated with some people who is at 1,200 and is losing weight.. I can't do that anymore. i was stuck within 5 lbs for a year... but I got toner though.

Thats the down side... seeing others starve themselves and the weight melts off.. I have a GF who is doing this. She jumped on the bandwagon in Jan and has lost about 45 pounds (both of us are larger gals) and she is about 10 pounds heavier than me right now.. In that same time, Ive lost about 12-15.. She eats BARELY 1200 cals based on what she is telling me she is eating on a daily basis, and Im doubling her in cals and only in the last few weeks has the scale finally started to trend downwards..

But the difference???

She will eventually hit the wall (in fact, I think shes almost there) and the losses will slow to stop.. SHe might get frustrated and either starve herself further, which then makes her moody, angry, upset etc... and quite possibly she might end up binging and giving it all up again, thus gaining back any weight lost..

*I* on the other hand, will have continued to eat well, slower losses than her for sure, but my trend wont go back up. I am eating for life. She is eating for the quick fix. I WILL eventually get to my end result. She may never see it.

So yeah, jealousy can rear her ugly head when we hear of people who have fantastic losses eating next to nothing, but do you want to do that again?? No. Thats why you are here. Eat to live... eat to live RIGHT..
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Is it me or people who eats less than 1,200 or trying to eat low calories piss me off??

It's not you!!!! I hear "you're gonna get fatter eating all those calories....blah....blah....blah....." I just say "time will tell" as I sit here eating a plain baked potato w/ a large chili poured over of the top it from Wendy's and they are eating a tiny Lean Cuisine that really doesn't look all that appetizing!!!!!!

Nom.....nom....nom :drinker:
  • missdimpley
    Options
    THANKS!! It took me almost 5 years to get where I am today. I used to be 330 lbs. I'm 152 lbs. and yes, I almost crash coup[le of times, but I always get myself back on track quickly and tried to figure why I was doing this and all. Until I saw this board, i'M LIKE.. wait a minute are they talking about me? no, you guys are experincing the same thing AS i do. i am so happy to find you guys. times like this, I will go off and binge.. but this time I am not. I will try my best to keep going and even though I might not reach my goal for a year or so, I'm eating healthy and continue to work out. I love it! thanks so much!
  • missdimpley
    Options
    LOL!! Thanks!t hat makes me giggle! Now I need to go and get me some salsa and chips!! LOL
  • rotnkat
    rotnkat Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    THANKS!! It took me almost 5 years to get where I am today. I used to be 330 lbs. I'm 152 lbs. and yes, I almost crash coup[le of times, but I always get myself back on track quickly and tried to figure why I was doing this and all. Until I saw this board, i'M LIKE.. wait a minute are they talking about me? no, you guys are experincing the same thing AS i do. i am so happy to find you guys. times like this, I will go off and binge.. but this time I am not. I will try my best to keep going and even though I might not reach my goal for a year or so, I'm eating healthy and continue to work out. I love it! thanks so much!

Girl that is freakin amazing!!!!! And you look smokin hot!!! :smokin:

If you ever feel like you're gonna binge then just hop here and either myself or someone will help ya get through it!!!!!

Anita
  • curiousheathy
    curiousheathy Posts: 108
    Options
    Its amazing how even this change in life can make us look back at our old selves and wonder how we did it.

I was harassed for years, and it got really bad two years ago. It drove me to netting negative calories. I felt tired, exhausted, depressed, and incredibly guilty for EATING. I felt like a hypocrite teaching nutrition to my students. It was awful. I don't know how I was able to do as much cardio as I did.

And now, people look at me with the biggest stares and ask "how I can eat THAT much". Obviously, it was directed as an insult. Before, I may have been upset, but now I just turn and say "because I need this food just to FUEL my body".

The thing I've learned thus far from this group is that this is a LIFE STYLE and not a fad. Again, I have no idea how I ate a net ranging from -200 (yikes!!!) to 1300 a day for the past year. And I plateaued (go figure). I always saw dieting as a quick fix, and once I hit the weight I wanted (which never happened), I'd stop.

But this, this will last. Those girls starving themselves won't last. Hopefully they'll realize what they are doing. And while we may never weight as little as some of the girls do, our fat % will be low, we will be strong and fit, AND FURTHERMORE we will be properly fueled and HAPPY.

So, sorry to join in on the ranting, but I totally agree.
  • missdimpley
    Options
    Thanks hun! I'm craving for chips and salsa.. maybe I can go over my calories limit just for today? ;) HAHAHHAA
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I used to be one of those girls who ate the under 1200 calories. but I found myself starving so I began upping my calories. It's not just you by any means. I try to eat around 1300-1500 calories some days are 1100 and 1200 calories but they are healthy calories. what I usually get is are you not eating enough? they forget my calories are all healthy and not empty calories and I am not starving.
  • SarieCherries
    SarieCherries Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was just feeling this today! Like all of my low calorie friends were looking at my diary and judging me. That on top of my brain saying "this is all wrong" "eating like this will make you stay fat!" "you're never going to get thin and fit eating like this!"

I'm trying hard to stay the course, work hard, fuel my body but its hard! I feel like I'm doing it all wrong and my skinny friends are clearly the ones with the clue. Not thick old me. :/
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options

Thats the down side... seeing others starve themselves and the weight melts off.. I have a GF who is doing this. She jumped on the bandwagon in Jan and has lost about 45 pounds (both of us are larger gals) and she is about 10 pounds heavier than me right now.. In that same time, Ive lost about 12-15.. She eats BARELY 1200 cals based on what she is telling me she is eating on a daily basis, and Im doubling her in cals and only in the last few weeks has the scale finally started to trend downwards..

But the difference???

She will eventually hit the wall (in fact, I think shes almost there) and the losses will slow to stop.. SHe might get frustrated and either starve herself further, which then makes her moody, angry, upset etc... and quite possibly she might end up binging and giving it all up again, thus gaining back any weight lost..

*I* on the other hand, will have continued to eat well, slower losses than her for sure, but my trend wont go back up. I am eating for life. She is eating for the quick fix. I WILL eventually get to my end result. She may never see it.

So yeah, jealousy can rear her ugly head when we hear of people who have fantastic losses eating next to nothing, but do you want to do that again?? No. Thats why you are here. Eat to live... eat to live RIGHT..

This was exactly me!!

Lost lots of weight low cal, got lower & lower calorie wise, gave up, put most of it back on, then yoyo'd the weight, convinced I had to eat less forever : (

Then found this wonderful group and have learnt how to eat again : )

Now loving eating and yes it is slow but I know once it's gone this time it won't be coming back!!!
  • missdimpley
    Options
    wow... yeah amazing! thank yu girls for the amazing support I need.. it is reallyi hard.. I think I have to let scale go.
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Just remember fast weight loss=fast regain. If you lose it fast you have like a 90% chance of regaining that weight and more over time. But if you lose it slowly which is alot more healthy you give your body time to get used to the healthier weight and it will not fight you to regain. Studies have shown people that lose weight have chemical processes that make it extremely hard to keep off. For those of us in this group we are getting ourselves ready for when we stop dieting and eat at maintenance. Someone on a crash diet will binge as soon as they (if they ever) hit their goal weight and you know where that will go.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Awesome discussion...

For me the biggest thing about low cals is all the lean muscle mass lost and the skinny fat look that is achieved momentarily. How wonderful to fuel, lift, do cardio, keep lean muscle mass, and see nice toned muscles as the fat burns off...slower process, but so what. The ultimate goal is to get there and keep it off. If you notice we say tweak up not down, start with a small deficit...matter of fact it is great to eat tdee every 12 weeks for a week to give body a break from cut.

Gosh I just love it...eating is awesome! How in the world did we ever do 1200?