Favorite high calorie foods/drinks

Options
VeggyGal
VeggyGal Posts: 25 Member
I would like to know what everyone likes to eat or drink that is high calorie, healthy and tasty. Mine is smoothies like strawberries, bananas and soymilk with flax seed. If anybody has any great recipes they could share that would also be helpful!

Thanks~~~~~~~:smile:

Replies

• amber10101
    amber10101 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My go to quick and easy snack: an avocado with honey mustard dressing. This is often what I'll eat while I'm getting dinner made. :)
  • VeggyGal
    VeggyGal Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    nice,I'll have to try it~~~~sounds good!
  • ijiiii
    ijiiii Posts: 61
    Options
    Smoothies are the way to go. I use 1 1/4 cup of milk, 1 cup oats, 3 oranges, 2 yogurts (black cherry blended for me), and about half a tray of ice cubes blended in the vitamix blender I have. The oranges do a good job hiding the awful taste of the oats. This makes 6 cups of liquid calories which is quite a bit, but I take my time with it since it's my last meal of the night right before bed.

Look up oatmeal cookie recipes since they are packed with calories, carbs, and protein. Shoveling a couple cookies in my mouth here and there throughout the day will help rack up the calories.

I'm not a fan of the sugar, but I'm starting to get desperate to gain weight.
  • ava_bacardi
    Options
    HI All:smile: ,

My favorite high calorie drink is the Walmart Equate Strawberry Nutritional Shake 1.5 Qt :love: :love: I was going to buy the name brand Ensure boost but for the same ingredients just more $$$ I said why not try off brand!! And to my surpise it taste wayyy better than Ensure!!:drinker:
    Since this weight gain journey is new to me, I don't know how to make a high calorie healthy shake myself!! I am huge on taste!! So for now I experiment and lurk on forums to help me come up with a homemade recipe for shakes!!! So lets BUMP this forum and get more responses (idea's for me jeje :laugh: :laugh: )

Ava B.:flowerforyou:
  • MontyLFP
    Options
    I make my own shakes.
    1 cup milk (whole preferred, but I use 1% because the people whom I live with refuse to touch whole.)
    1 scoop chocolate whey mix
    2 tbs peanut butter
    (optional) 1/2 banana

Gets me roughly ~750 calories and ~75 g protein. It's a good breakfast.