How are you doing?

Options

Replies

• saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Well....

I had put the video on hold with my library cause I wanted to try it out before buying it. When it came in the other day and I did day 1 and 2 I didn't think about the fact that we are going to Hawaii next week and movies can only be kept out for 1 week. So I had to return it. I was soooo sore after day 1 that I had to wait a day before trying day 2. I could barely walk or more my arms and after sitting for a few minutes my legs hurt to stand up. I had to modify the jumping jacks, pushups, and fake jump roping things. I was sad. I used to be able to do 150 pushups in less then 3 minutes :(

However...

When we get back from Hawaii I am going to get it again and start again and actually buy the weights (that was another sad part that it was so hard for me and I didn't even have the weights). Today we went to Ross to get a couple new shirts for our plane trip to Hawaii and Tshirt to wear around the island. My SO found this pink Hurley Tshirt that he really likes and wanted me to get but it was only in 1x and I wear 2x in shirts (I am well endowed up top lol) I tried it on and its really doesn't flatter my stomach at ALL. So I am going to take a before picture in that shirt and do the whole 30 days and then hopefully the after picture in that shirt will look better. Hopefully. I rarely buy new clothes unless I absolutely have to and when I do they are usually cheap whatever I can get on clearance at Walmart clothes, so buying a $9 shirt from Ross that I can't even wear yet is a big thing for me and darned if I let that money get wasted, lol. Maybe that will work for motivation for me.

Oh and it was also discouraging that my HRM said I only burned 221 calories during all of that. I felt like I was going to pass out and I only burned 221 calories What?!!!! A 30 minute hike burns 300 at least for me so feeling like I am going to die should definitely be more then that or so I thought.

I have to modify the jumping jacks too. My double D's hurt when I do it! lol I could do the modified push ups, but my knees were killing me! I did the fake jump ropes too. I noticed if I faked those, I wasn't getting my heart rate up. Instead, I'd jog in place or do some punches.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 - My DVD arrived today so thankfully I had no dodgy internet connection to deal with.

Finding the push-ups (the easy version!) and the bicycle crunches at the end terrible, but managing everything else much better. Funny, my abs haven't been hurting so I was doubting whether I was doing the ab exercises correctly...so I made extra effort tonight and am hoping I am doing them right. I was a bit stiff today - not too bad, and I am hoping that I will be better tomorrow and hopefully find the workout a bit easier. At least I am getting through it even if at times I am finding it a bit unpleasant. I guess that because it is only 20 minutes or so and is broken into 3,2, and 1 minute sections helps you to push to the end of each exercises...like as if the end is always in sight and lots of mini-ends if that makes sense. Well done to everyone who is doing this - whatever day you are on. The main thing is that we are sticking with it!!! Good luck for tomorrow!
    I love that 3,2 and ! it really helps to get trough it :)

Totally agree. I love the 3-2-1. It prevents you from getting bored and also you are thankful to do something new. Those bicycle crunches kill me too. I'd rather do an ab workout with the weights than do those.
  • fififox
    fififox Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 - My DVD arrived today so thankfully I had no dodgy internet connection to deal with.

Finding the push-ups (the easy version!) and the bicycle crunches at the end terrible, but managing everything else much better. Funny, my abs haven't been hurting so I was doubting whether I was doing the ab exercises correctly...so I made extra effort tonight and am hoping I am doing them right. I was a bit stiff today - not too bad, and I am hoping that I will be better tomorrow and hopefully find the workout a bit easier. At least I am getting through it even if at times I am finding it a bit unpleasant. I guess that because it is only 20 minutes or so and is broken into 3,2, and 1 minute sections helps you to push to the end of each exercises...like as if the end is always in sight and lots of mini-ends if that makes sense. Well done to everyone who is doing this - whatever day you are on. The main thing is that we are sticking with it!!! Good luck for tomorrow!
    I love that 3,2 and ! it really helps to get trough it :)

Totally agree. I love the 3-2-1. It prevents you from getting bored and also you are thankful to do something new. Those bicycle crunches kill me too. I'd rather do an ab workout with the weights than do those.

sjacobsen...I have to confess that the 3-2-1 I like isn't the one tht gives 3 minutes of strength, 2 of cardio and 1 of abs.....it's teh 3-2-1 countdown at the end of every exercise where I say to myself 'Thank God that one is over', lol! I'm a wimp really. I find that last countdown on each exercise helps me to keep going for the last few if I am feeling the pain and feel like opting out.
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    This is my last week in level 1 then next week it's on to level 2 eeeek!!!
  • fififox
    Options
    Day 6 done. With very bad pms at the moment I hate everything...not just the 30DS, lol! So tired and had to force myself, but got through it. I have definitely moved through the muscle pain end of things so it's easier now. Still finding the push-ups worst - haven't yet gotten through teh full amount and struggling with the bicycle crunches. but hopefully they will come. I hope everyone has a good day of the 30 DS : )
  • sonal150
    sonal150 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Did not write an update for last 2 days. My Day 5 and Day 6 went OK. Today just finished Day 7!!!
    I had bad knee pain, just above the knees on Day 4 and 5. It was very bad and I started thinking that I am damaging my keens. But I discovered something which is working well. I will post a new topic with the details :D Just that everyone can read through it and might benefit :D

I still feel exhausted though. I started with brisk walking for 20 mins along with the 30DS since Day 6. I will have to see how much I can keep up with the busy week ahead.
    But I am glad that I have not taken a break or already given up on 30DS. :glasses:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Hey Gang,
    I plan to start Day 1 on Weds, I'll let you all know how it goes for me. I've done a few days with her in the past and all I can say is, wowww, it's a good workout! When I tried for the first time to do it, which was a couple years back, I only lasted a few minutes of it:blushing: :laugh: So when I tried a couple weeks ago and did it for a couple days, it definitely made me sore but I got through the whole Section. That's HUGE progress to me, all the extra weight I had on a year or two back made all the difference in the world.

Is everyone doing it daily or is anyone doing it every other day? Curious...

I'll be thinking of you all as I prepare to meet Jillian once again.:bigsmile:

Hearts:heart:
  • dasblondie
    dasblondie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Update: i am on day 2....yesterday my back was sore...and that was about it...this morning i woke up to sore calves...but pushed through the work out with my legs starting to shake...now my calves are sore and my inner arms (from the chest presses) well....i leave for vacation on thursday hopefully im through most of the soreness by then ......going to busch gardens and gonna be doing a lot of walking....i plan on bringing my laptop so i can do my workout on my computer (hopefully that works out) and im gonna take advantage of the hot tub to relieve any stiffness :)

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fififox
    Options
    Hi everyone! Heart's desire, I love your profile pic...describes how I feel exactly about all of the changes I have made in the last 9 months! Well done to everyone - we are really getting there, and it is god to know we are all keeping on track. I did day 7 today - It really has gotten easier (except for those awful push-ups!!!!!!). I admit to faltering on the push-ups and the bicycle crunches which I find a bit demoralising...to fall at the last hurdle - it's not that I am tired, I just find both of those so physically challenging. Outside of that everything is actually pretty o.k now generally. Heartsdesire, to answer your question, I am doing it daily except I had to miss one. It was so hard to make myself do it after missing a day but maybe that was because I was still hurting a bit at that stage. I will do 10 days and then maybe brave enough to WATCH level 2 and see if I think I would be able to progress to it. When (IF, lol!) I get to the end I hope to maybe do it every 2nd day to stay toned and fit if I can. Sonal150, I feel tired too, but I think that the PMS has me wiped out and things are hectic generally at the moment so I don't think it is the shred. I did an extra 15 minutes on the treadmill after it today but I think I have been overdoing it a bit with 40-45 mins of treadmill as well a lot of days - I think I need to take it a bit easier on myself. Anyway - keep shredding everyone! Good luck!
  • bonboncito
    bonboncito Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Day 8 ohh I am not doing to good with the pushups etheir even the modify ones . Hey question any body having back pain not sure why but every time I do a Jumping Jack my back hurts to much weigh still, I keep at it because jillian said that she has 400 people doing it then I should bee doing fine, but n. Ill keep at it maybe it will go away like my sorenesss did on my calfs :)
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I did day 5 last night which means half way through Level 1. I was so tired but I'm glad I did it! When I got dressed this morning I realized that I am no longer in between belt holes but definitively on the smaller one now. Yeah! Keeps me smiling all day. Can't wait for day 6 tonight. Sooo glad I found this group, it came at the perfect time.
    Fififox, I hate those bicycle crunches, too. Just can't seem to get it coordinated. Might have to do some practice ones tonight.
    Hearts Desire, I do them daily for the most part. I took some days off because I wanted to spend the time with a very close friend who will be moving away in 2 weeks (read as we drank some wine and chatted until past midnight). This will probably happen again. I therefore don't plan any rest days but use thoses as my rest days. Also, if I'm absolutely exhausted/can't move any more I would take the one day off.
  • fififox
    Options
    bonboncito, I don't have back-pain, but I have to admit that this evening I had an odd pain in the my left thigh (high up and to the outside). Minussam - great to hear that you are seeing the results in your clothing. I did day 8 tonight - generally managing o.k - I think I was a little better at the push-ups tonight. I think the positioning of the hands has a big impact on my success. I don't think I get it consistently right. I did not get to the end of the bicycle crunches again - I am very tired and I do think that a week of wicked pms is not helping. But hey....I did my best and that wasn't too bad :smile:
  • lollaler
    lollaler Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    ok finally started - day 1 for me this morning...
    now i normally do bootcamp which is way way faster then this.. similar work and for 1 hour.
    30ds is much slower movements... so i found it tiring on the arms.
    have 2 questions.

1) does anyone know how many calories we burn ? someone said ciruit but that came up to the high hundreds... i dont believe that many calories are burnt from doing that ?? help anyone.
    2) how heavy are your hand weights ? i only had 2kg each hand so thats probably why i did not struggle so much. want to get heavier but not too sure how many kg i need.

your advice is much apprecited.

ps cant wait till the end of 30 days haha.
  • lollaler
    Options
    I did day 5 last night which means half way through Level 1. I was so tired but I'm glad I did it! When I got dressed this morning I realized that I am no longer in between belt holes but definitively on the smaller one now. Yeah! Keeps me smiling all day. Can't wait for day 6 tonight. Sooo glad I found this group, it came at the perfect time.
    Fififox, I hate those bicycle crunches, too. Just can't seem to get it coordinated. Might have to do some practice ones tonight.
    Hearts Desire, I do them daily for the most part. I took some days off because I wanted to spend the time with a very close friend who will be moving away in 2 weeks (read as we drank some wine and chatted until past midnight). This will probably happen again. I therefore don't plan any rest days but use thoses as my rest days. Also, if I'm absolutely exhausted/can't move any more I would take the one day off.

HEY DID YOU NOTICE ALREADY ON DAY 5 ????? THATS AWESOME!!! are you doing any other excersice.
  • jeanniebspurs
    jeanniebspurs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ive just done day 4 and although im still finding it hard it wasnt as bad as the first 3 days! im finding that different areas of my body r hurting each day lol first it was my thighs and under my arms then it was my stomach and then this morning it was my bum! hopefully its all the areas toning up!:smile:
  • lollaler
    Options
    Day 2 was exhausing ... i absolutely hate the section where you put your ups out to eye height with the weights and go from side to side... (cant remember what she calls it but i call it hell) it kills me haha.... only 28 more days - love it. im sure before i know it the 28 days will be over and i'll want to do it every day. - well i am hoping so anyway.
  • minussam
    minussam Posts: 127 Member
    Options

HEY DID YOU NOTICE ALREADY ON DAY 5 ????? THATS AWESOME!!! are you doing any other excersice.

30DS is basically all I do. I will run up and down the stairs afterwards for 4-5 minutes. I usually go for a little walk during my afternoon coffee break but that doesn't really burn much. I do it more to catch some sun shine and release stress (as an alternative to chocolate). Other than that I can't find the time as my husband is out of town, we have a 3 year old and no family here. Oh and I don't consider walking with my son to the playground at "toddler speed" or cleaning my house exercise.
    I use 3 pounds weight only. I give everything when I do it. Somebody just told me that I will regain all my lost weight anyway so I use that as my motivation. And I sometimes might pretend to punch her during the punches :wink:
    I feel better now (just did day 6) generally and I noticed 30 DS is getting easier. It might help that I wasn't really toned when I started????
    Stick with it for a few more days. It will get better. After day 2 I could barely move but then it got better.
    MFP says 200 cal for me. I don't have an HRM but I've heard other people reporting similar burns.
  • phoenix8633
    phoenix8633 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Last day of level 1 tomorrow move onto level 2 Monday eeeeeek!!!
  • fififox
    Options
    ok finally started - day 1 for me this morning...
    now i normally do bootcamp which is way way faster then this.. similar work and for 1 hour.
    30ds is much slower movements... so i found it tiring on the arms.
    have 2 questions.

1) does anyone know how many calories we burn ? someone said ciruit but that came up to the high hundreds... i dont believe that many calories are burnt from doing that ?? help anyone.
    2) how heavy are your hand weights ? i only had 2kg each hand so thats probably why i did not struggle so much. want to get heavier but not too sure how many kg i need.

your advice is much apprecited.

ps cant wait till the end of 30 days haha.

lollaler, I have been doing it with a HRM and I reckon it varies between about 165 to 185 calories for me. I have 3lb weights and 5lb weights, but have just been using the 3lb weights. This is my first time using weights and I started out with very poor upper body (whole body actually, lol!) strength so I reckon that was enough.

I did day 9 today having missed the last 2 days due to unforseen stuff taking my time. I was dreading it as I thought I would be very sore and I guess that after 2 days off I had to make myself do it. but it was a really good session actually. I did better than any other day - managing all the push-ups more or less and doing far better in the bicycle crunches than I have previously. No aches at all either and I did it over 12 hrs ago. Tomorrow will be day 10. I must take a look at Level 2 to see if I think I might progress or keep at level 1 for a bit.

For those having trouble with the push-ups. I do far better on some days than others and I am starting to think that the placement of my hands has a big effect. I am still not sure when I have them right, but I think that if I get it right I do far better. I have started to try to really look at the placement of the girls hands on the dvd to try to get it right.
  • fififox
    Options
    Day 10 done...It has gotten a lot easier. I got the push-ups done more or less today...a little weak at the end and got to the last 5 bicycle crunches (with difficulty, lol!), so I was pleased with that. I will try to take a look at level 2 tomorrow but will probably do level 1 for another day or two. I would like time to tackle the new level and things are busy right now.