Jack3d to be banned

Options
chrisdavey
chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
Initially in america
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today issued warning letters to ten manufacturers and distributors of dietary supplements containing dimethylamylamine, more popularly known as DMAA, for marketing products for which evidence of the safety of the product had not been submitted to FDA.
Also referred to as 1,3-dimethylamylamine, methylhexanamine, or geranium extract, the ingredient is in dietary supplements and is often touted as a "natural" stimulant.

The FDA letters noted that DMAA is known to narrow the blood vessels and arteries, which can elevate blood pressure and may lead to cardiovascular events ranging from shortness of breath and tightening in the chest to heart attack. The agency has received 42 adverse event reports on products containing DMAA. While the complaints do not establish that DMAA was the cause of the incidents, some of the reports have included cardiac disorders, nervous system disorders, psychiatric disorders, and death.

Now:

http://www.tga.gov.au/newsroom/consult-scheduling-acmcs-1206.htm#proposed
TGA - Invitation for public comment - ACMS and ACCS meetings, June 2012
Dated 26 April 2012
Proposal to include DMAA in schedule 9
Schedule 9 info from Poisons Standard 2011
http://www.comlaw.gov.au/Details/F2011L01612
Schedule 9. Prohibited Substance – Substances which may be abused or misused, the manufacture, possession, sale or use of which should be prohibited by law except when required for medical or scientific research, or for analytical, teaching or training purposes with approval of Commonwealth and/or State or Territory Health Authorities.

Replies

• mideon_696
    mideon_696 Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    i see no issue haha.

you dont really need it. :p

interesting conversation over on ausbb.com eh
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    coffee + beta alanine :) I like the tingles :tongue: Good placebo probably but if a placebo works then I don't really care :tongue:
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I've started using Mesomorph and that'll be on the out too..

People say these pre-workout supplements are nothing but caffeine/taurine + amino acids (beta alaline ftw) and in some cases a bit of protein which does little to nothing for you. For me personally, I can get off work and feel like sitting on the couch. Have some Mesomorph and before the tingles hit I'm counting down the clock to when I can start working out.

Definitely considered the placebo effect, but as you said chrisdavey, if it works, I don't care xD

I've got enough to last me an 8 week run and possibly will stock up to do a second 8 week run after a break period. We shall see!
  • Loraah
    Loraah Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My friend gave me hemo rage today, I think it's similar. The guy in the supplements shop said that they're having to take it off the shelf. We stocked up. Great stuff, I had so much energy at today's workout.
  • Nataliaho
    Nataliaho Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I bought come Jack3d because I heard they were banning it and assumed that must mean it is good... someone suggested that maybe its being banned because its dangerous... that thought never really crossed my mind :huh:
  • NanoBear
    NanoBear Posts: 67
    Options
    It's being banned because one of its components is basically speed.
    Make up your own mind as to whether that makes it good or not.
  • PrettyGrit
    PrettyGrit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I really like ASN's extreme energy and extreme cuts. I hope they don't ban those too its hard to find things that actually help with energy and hunger. Most don't work.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I had jack3ed the other day and it did almost nothing to me I dont know what all the fuss is about with it. Hemo rage kicks *kitten* so does F=MA