Cannot do Hollow Man

Options
aprrae
aprrae Posts: 177 Member
On Workout 4, my core is not strong enough to do hollow man. Should I hold my legs? For the past two workouts, I have compensated with doing an extra set of 50 crunches.

Replies

• theredcliche
    theredcliche Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i would hold for as long as you can. if you can't even do it at all, then i'd keep my shoulders on the ground but lift my legs. challenge yourself to hold it as long as you can, then take a break, and repeat. you WILL get better and stronger!!!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Just do it for as long as you can. Even if you have to take a break for a few seconds. Just keep trying until you can finally do it for the entire time.

You will get stronger and be able to hold the pose...trust me. In either 9 or 10 (I forget which one), she has you doing a boat pose and then going into hollow man and then back again. I was amazed that I could actually do the entire move without taking a break once and without modifying. I couldn't even hold the hollow man pose for more than a few seconds when I first started the program!
  • keyboardwench
    keyboardwench Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    A slight modification I did for the hollowman originally was to keep my arms down. It made a big difference to me, made it easier, and by the fourth work out I could hold the real move for almost the whole thing.

Like this:

mcx0108HEPower001-medium-new.jpg

Help me a lot! If you're still struggling with it, try putting your hands under your butt. For some reason it helps. Additionally where you hold your legs can make it easier. But also, just try the real thing! Hold it as long as possible. Don't be afraid to give it a shot after working on it/using the modifications for a bit.
  • aprrae
    aprrae Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll try them when I get to them on the next workout.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Agree with the others - I started where I could and gradually got better. I still can't hold a boat pose... so I usually do hollow mans now when we're supposed to be doing boat. Lol