Cheat meals?

Options
momof2osaurus
momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
Hi everyone! I'm new here and still figuring out if this is what I'd like to do, and I have a question - do any of you have "cheat" meals? Meals where you eat what you want and either don't count the calories, or don't care how many calories there are? I would think that if you eat close at least your BMR every day, cheat meals wouldn't really be possible without seriously slowing/stopping weight loss.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies

• tangiesharp
    tangiesharp Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hi. I know some people that do have "cheat days" or "cheat meals." But they log their calories and still try to stay below TDEE. Also, remember that it is recommended that you Net at least your BMR everyday. If you're looking for weight loss, take a 15% cut to your TDEE.

Hope this helps.
  • Mandys_Getting_Fit
    Mandys_Getting_Fit Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I haven't been EMTWL very long, but I guess I can consider yesterday an "off" day. I didn't do any structured exercise, but walked around the zoo with my family for nearly 4 hours. It was a lovely time! While there, I had 1 slice of cheese pizza, a bunch of fresh watermelon, and an icecream bar. I made sure to drink plenty of water also. After getting home, I went grocery shopping, swept and mopped the floors in my house, had a healthy dinner, and then spent time at home with friends. Again, I nibbled on snacks that I wouldn't include in my day-to-day eating since I try to keep my calories very clean. I didn't stress about food yesterday, but I did keep my overall calories around my TDEE.