Your Advice Please!

Options
I'm in week 8. I officially completed workout 7 for the last time today and I'm still quite challenged by it (as in, still muttering "you're crazy" to Jillian), but I am definitely able to push the "up button" here and there and complete the entire workout, albeit dripping with sweat.

So... I'm supposed to move on to phase 3 - workouts 9 and 10 next week, but I'm wondering if I should "stay back" and repeat 7 and 8 for an extra week until it becomes comfortable, as I found with previous workouts. I have been ready to move up to the next challenge throughout the program (and I haven't missed a single workout), but I'm afraid moving on to the next set of workouts will be too much of a challenge and I'll just find it impossible (9 has to be tougher than 7, right?)

Should I slog through, move on, and wimper or should I stay back and repeat a week of 7 and 8 until it's easier?

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    good question! I did #7 for the 2nd time today, and man it is tough! I barely make it through that first circuit!! But the rest is manageable, but also very hard. I am interested to see what people say to your question, I would say just to listen to your body. Great job getting this far!!!
  • gerbies
    gerbies Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It's honestly a personal decision. At the end of the day, it's not going to "hurt" you by adding an extra week. You could always preview workouts 9 & 10 and then decide. I did an additional week of 5/6 because I had a bad eating week and wanted to have strong eating weeks for all of the workouts. I really enjoyed the extra week; the workouts were a challenge and I was able to go harder as well. If I feel like it, I may add an extra week to 7/8, 9/10, etc. I'm going to listen to my body and do what I want. Ultimately, it's my body, my program, my workouts. I'm not as "married" to the 90 days, since I know I'll be doing another cycle of Body Revolution when I'm done this one. There's no shame in adding a week, if you want to. On the other hand, you'll be surprised at what your body can do (just think back to how you felt when you started each new 2-week phase). Go with your gut!\
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I was just going to post the same thing but about workout 3/4. I can do all of the exercises but just don't feel like I've mastered them like I did workout 1/2. I think I'm going to add one more cycle of 3/4.
  • WTJS
    WTJS Posts: 14
    Options
    I agree that it is really up to you. You paid a lot of money for the program and can do what you want with it. For me, I only did 1 week of the weeks 1 and 2 workouts since I thought it was a little too easy for me. I went on to 3 and 4 in my second week and was pleased that it met my fitness level. I'm currently in my 3rd week and am planning on doing an additional week of 3 and 4 DVDs so I have a full 4 weeks in phase one. I still can't do all the moves perfectly, but I do my best so I'm happy with my decision. Hope that helps!
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    I'm going to go for it. I previewed 9, 10, and cardio 3. Looks like all are fast-paced and incorporate cardio and weights (much more of a blend than a clear line between cardio and "workout" as in previous weeks). I think I can do it. I'll let you know!
  • roander
    roander Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I thought I would need an extra week on almost every workout from 5 on. The first workout was always the worst because you don't know what you're doing, it's a little harder, but by the time you finish that two weeks, you're already stronger! I only did one week over and that was because I didn't put my all into it one week. I was just tired. But I surprised myself by going forward and being challenged to do even more.

No, I didn't master many of the moves, no I couldn't complete some of the exercises sometimes. That's why I'm going to do it again!
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I found 9 to be tougher than 8 but not as tough as 7.... haven't done 10, yet.. but I am doing Cardio 3 for the first time today. Eeek!