Level 3

Options
Good Morning Everyone! Happy Weekend!

I just completed a round of Level 3 and holy moly is that quite a change of pace. I really like it except for the very beginning after the supermans when I get up my head feels like its going to explode. I did 15 min of it yesterday but had the same feeling and thought I was getting a really bad headache so I stopped. Guess its the new pain for Level 3

Replies

• jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    Good news that you like it. Is it a light headed feeling that you're getting? I start level 3 tomorrow.
  • jetsgirl
    jetsgirl Posts: 50
    Options
    No, its more of a way too much blood in my head and its going to explode feeling and it takes a few minutes for it to stop. Hopefully it won't happen all the time
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    Eeww. I know that feeling you're talking about. Yuck. :frown:
  • ChasityLindsey
    ChasityLindsey Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I start level 3 on Monday! I have watched it and I admit I am a little scared lol. Seriously though I am looking forward to it. I hate level 2!!
  • tmacmoto
    tmacmoto Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    No, its more of a way too much blood in my head and its going to explode feeling and it takes a few minutes for it to stop. Hopefully it won't happen all the time

But, the good news is that you lived to tell us about it. Now, we know what we're getting ourselves into. I now know fear and it has a name: Jillian Michaels. :sad:
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go ahead and start level 3 tomorrow. Only did 6 days on level 2, but this is going to have to be an abbreviated shred for me since we're leaving on vacation this Friday. Got Ripped in 30 waiting for me when I get back!
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    Level 3 is tough. I had to modify a few moves but overall I think I like it. However I can't even really do the modified sit up. I guess my core needs the most work. Hopefully by day 30 I'll be able to do an actual sit up. Hope everyone has a great Sunday! :)
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Ok, finished level 3. I did not have to modify any of the moves, but I did use a lower weight my first time out. But the pylometric lunge jumping kills me. Never liked pylometrucs to start with...but did it cursing all the way through at JM.

Did anyone take progress photos to mark the completion of level 2? I forgot to do it...so, I'll take mine tomorrow.

Did anyone hear what JM was saying during the ab workout on L3? That we should be able to see six pack abs by now. Anyone?
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    Yeah those jump moves were tough. No 6 pack here.... Like I said I couldn't even do a normal sit up. And the modified one I had to help myself up a couple of times. Maybe there is a 6 pack underneath the layer of flab that is still there. :)
  • Lmdaniels
    Lmdaniels Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Day 1 for me. Did it this morning. Tough. At this point, 11 hours later, I'm more sore than I ever was on level 1 or 2. Must be the pliometrics. Can't wait to take my final photos Friday. I'll post!
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Yeah those jump moves were tough. No 6 pack here.... Like I said I couldn't even do a normal sit up. And the modified one I had to help myself up a couple of times. Maybe there is a 6 pack underneath the layer of flab that is still there. :)

I was holding a six pack at the beer store last night, I wonder if that counts? Didn't buy any. Now, time for rest...get ready for daily shred motivation. Gonna kick it in high gear for everyone! They're giving their best, I've got to do the same!
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    So I completely spaced out and stayed on Level 2 for a couple extra days. (Probably because I LOVED it) But I finally tried Level 3 today. It didn't bump Level 2 out of being my favorite, but I definitely like it! I love feeling different areas of my body getting worked. Just for the fun of it, I tacked on some of my favorite Level 2 exercises at the end. I'm seeing a HUGE difference in my shoulders. It's incredible! YAY for the Shred! :)
  • astina10
    astina10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to like level 3. I'm not sure that I have my form correct on everything. For some reason, keeping my legs straight during the scissor abs and the other ab exercise where you raise and lower your legs, is hard for me. The sit ups don't seem to do much. I can do the regular sit up with no problem, so I must have some muscle under there somewhere. I haven't mastered the jumping lunges yet either. I do a few and then start doing the regular lunges. Hope everyone is doing great. I'm sure going to keep working at getting better!
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    I'm starting to like level 3. I'm not sure that I have my form correct on everything. For some reason, keeping my legs straight during the scissor abs and the other ab exercise where you raise and lower your legs, is hard for me. The sit ups don't seem to do much. I can do the regular sit up with no problem, so I must have some muscle under there somewhere. I haven't mastered the jumping lunges yet either. I do a few and then start doing the regular lunges. Hope everyone is doing great. I'm sure going to keep working at getting better!

That's great. I try to do a couple of jumping lunges too and feel really awkward so I go back to the regular ones. I'm still doing girly pushups and I must have the weakest abs ever because I struggle with the modified sit up. :(. I did do all of the plank/leg raises today from circuit 3. I had been doing those on my knees. I struggled at first this morning....I felt so tired. But I'm feeling great now!
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Today was my first day at level 3 - I was getting sick of Level 2 so it's a great change of pace! I felt more tired after doing level 3 this morning than I have in a while, however my HRM said that I burned about 25 less calories than I was for levels 1 and 2. Anyone else experience that? Also, there are 300 or so less steps in this level according to my pedometer.
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    Today was my first day at level 3 - I was getting sick of Level 2 so it's a great change of pace! I felt more tired after doing level 3 this morning than I have in a while, however my HRM said that I burned about 25 less calories than I was for levels 1 and 2. Anyone else experience that? Also, there are 300 or so less steps in this level according to my pedometer.

My wife and I experienced the same thing with less steps on the pedometer. There is more floor time on these circuits, so measuring steps you're not going to get the same amount.
    However, on the HRM issue. I find myself anywhere between 300 - 350 (averaging over 5 days) depending on the time of day that I do the workout and how much effort I put in. So, it varies. Since, this is your first day...i say just wait and see what happens later.
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    Ok so I'm really trying to push myself these last few days. I'm still modifying more than I'd like to in level 3 but had couple little victories today. I'm still modifying the jumping lunges, regular sit-ups and push-ups. BUT....today I did nearly all of circuit 1 plank to elbow thingys and ALL of circuit 3 plank arm left/leg lift move. Sweat was dripping onto the mat on circuit 3! I keep trying those jumping lunges but I just feel really awkward and I'd rather do the regular lunges with good form.

Hope everyone is having a great day! :)
  • Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    The middle of my back and my quads are SO sore today! It feels great! :) Like an achievement. This is probably the sorest I've been during the whole 30 days.
  • jcmjim22
    Options
    I guess because I'm pushing myself more each day as I near the end it seems like level 3 is getting harder. I was full on sweating after about the first few minutes. That first move is tough for me (plank/elbow leg lift). I did all in the first rep but had to go to my knees half way through the second rep. My husband noticed the other day that my arms are smaller...I think I've lost an inch in my arms. Here is my motivation for the next 3 days...finally see some definition in my arms!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5eb95391.jpg
  • tmacmoto
    Options
    I guess because I'm pushing myself more each day as I near the end it seems like level 3 is getting harder. I was full on sweating after about the first few minutes. That first move is tough for me (plank/elbow leg lift). I did all in the first rep but had to go to my knees half way through the second rep. My husband noticed the other day that my arms are smaller...I think I've lost an inch in my arms. Here is my motivation for the next 3 days...finally see some definition in my arms!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

5eb95391.jpg

Great motivation! The definition is coming along well. We're in the final four days and pushing harder. I have to modify the last cardio, the Rock Star jumps kill me. I have to do the jump rope! Enjoy your weekend, we're see on MFP tomorrow.