What do you eat after work?

Options
PattyCake123
PattyCake123 Posts: 156 Member
I don't know abut you all, but after a 12 hour day (or night) I have almost no energy to make anything worth while eating. usually ends up being something like cottage cheese with fruit or a bowl of cold cereal etc before I have my head on a pillow. It would be nice to have a hot meal every now and then! What do you all do after a long day? and do you have any good recipies that last a few days that maybe you prepare on a day off?

Replies

• FatNurseSlim
    Options
    Hey I tend to freeze things up in little tubs then I get one out of the freezer before I leave and when I'm home it's defrosted - usually something like bolognese ( just mince in a tomatoe sauce)/ soups/curry/pasta sauce or I make quiche and have that in portions in the fridge that I can just heat up a slice....

I must admit I'm pretty sad thoug and usually use time on my days off to make up lots of these "freezer meals"

Hope this helps
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    use days off to cook up healthy stuff then refrigdrate and heat up as you to
    Make hot sandwiches or throw a turkey burger patty in the microwave
    lean cuisines
    invest in a small crock pot
  • Ging2002
    Ging2002 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Carrots and Hummus, sometimes just piece of toast with skippy Natural peanut butter!. I think I sometimes have a harder time sticking to anything at work.
  • lmj0707
    lmj0707 Posts: 13
    Options
    Healthy Choice/Lean Cuisine Meals! I've been eatting these for years, even in college and I'm still not sick of them. I think the foods actualy yummy, just small portions. I think they're great while calorie counting too because it's SO easy to account for them. When I cook it's hard to enter the entire meal then potion out 1/8 of what I cooked.
  • Soulfirst
    Soulfirst Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Some water, while driving home (about a liter), makes you crave less and feel full. If still hungry, a bar for sweet, or a piece of meat for savory. Will avoid the carbs if going straight to bed. Some calming tea will also do.

15725383.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Strivingforhealth12 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I love my crock pot and try to use that at least once a week.

I usually start cooking supper immediately when I get home and we eat early. I might eat a small snack while I am cooking--a couple of crackers and a piece of cheese, some carrots and hummus, a cheesestick...
  • spoiledmiss
    spoiledmiss Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm very lucky to have my parents who invite us over for dinner when I work, other times I pick up something not healthy on the way home. At work though, I drink a Body by Vi shake for lunch so my calorie count is pretty low throughout the day.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I try to bring something like almonds or string cheese to eat on the way home with a bottle of water. If I have calories left to eat, I'll eat something small, like cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, fruit or veggies with hummus.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Cereal. Anything else would require energy that I do not have.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I actually cut myself off from any food or drink around 5am so I can fall asleep easier. Seems I eat food before bed in the morning wakes me up
  • brencklea
    brencklea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I make a big pot of steel cut oats and pre-portion into freezer bags. I nuke a bag when I get home and add a little skim milk, berries, and nuts. Takes just a little longer than cereal (my other go to) and then I'm off to sleep.
  • PoopiluKendra
    Options
    La Favorita frozen burritos!!! Good ingrediants, under 200 calories, cooks in less than 2 minutes in micro and fills you up so you can sleep!!!
  • rusaner1
    rusaner1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Generally, like other posts; if I'm on nights I will not eat and just go to bed as I have usually stopped eating by around 3am. if I am on days, hopefully I made a slow cooker meal or leftovers because after a 12 hr shift, I am not gourmet.

Deb:noway: