How long before the weight starts coming off?

Options
2»

Replies

• epcooper
    epcooper Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories 2 weeks ago and actually gained weight AND INCHES! Man, was I bummed. I'm sticking with it though, and hoping the weight will start coming back off soon.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Me too. Right now I'm just going backwards....going to keep trying.
  • hill_dilley
    hill_dilley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    7 weeks for me.

I started at 154.1lb I put on initially which came back down over a couple of weeks, then maintaining/trending down slowly & since the 7 wk mark trending down steadily. Now at the end of week 10 I am down to 145.8lb my goal is around 116lb

Day 3 for me and maintining, although feeling full and having to consciously eat when I'd usually skip a meal. Trying to be far more realistic with my KCals and getting more active and .....Maintaining so I'm pretty pleased! Until today (Treat day) I have not craved chocolate or unhealthy carbs so that is a result for me. Posts like this help me see that my body will recover and then drop so Thank You!

Liz
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I upped my calories 2 weeks ago and actually gained weight AND INCHES! Man, was I bummed. I'm sticking with it though, and hoping the weight will start coming back off soon.

My first week I actually lost almost 3lbs. which is common when you up your calories, since when your body is retaining alot of water(which is the case if you have large deficits) it will release the water when you eat alot. This is my second week and I have gained a few pounds over this week. I pigged out last sunday(still stayed below tdee and have had alot of carbs this week. I also lifted heavier then I have in years(due to increased strength from eating more) so I know i'm on the right track. My waist measurement has went down also.

My point is there are many factors that can cause scale weight to go up and fat to go down at the same time. Hang in there:smile:
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I am at week five and I have gained around 8 lbs and 4 inches. I am still waiting for the inches and the pounds to come off but I feel stronger, sleep better and am not hungry all the time. Hopefully another week or so will be enough to tell my body that it is for real this time; no more starving.

Glad to hear you're sleeping better and feeling stronger now. :smile:

How has tackling the sodium been going for you? I recall that being the main issue in your inches gained, right? ;) I'm confident that when that is consistently under control, the inches issue will be resolved. :wink: Or at least you'll have a better idea of where you stand. It's really hard to judge when sodium is almost double.

Keep us posted on that, as well. If getting sodium under control doesn't help, the troubleshoot will continue :drinker: .

But no more starving is a wonderful thing.

~Kiki
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I gained 7 pounds and probably 3 inches. I've not yet lost the inches, and if today's daily tracking weight is right, then I am down 9 pounds (7 I gained, plus 2 extra). I have not done my official measurements or weigh-in, as that is tomorrow. Here's hoping I see some inches lost tomorrow. I am 35 days into eating more (5 weeks). I did get really discouraged week before last and thought to cut my calories, but I didn't even make it through the day before I put them back at 2300.
  • 31prvrbs
    31prvrbs Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I did get really discouraged week before last and thought to cut my calories, but I didn't even make it through the day before I put them back at 2300.

ROFL. This is SO true! If I ever even get the inkling to drop the cals again, my body is like :angry: "where is my food?!" :laugh:

I forgot to answer the OP, I did a metabolism reset, so it was a good 3-4 months for me :ohwell:
  • justagirl2013
    justagirl2013 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I did get really discouraged week before last and thought to cut my calories, but I didn't even make it through the day before I put them back at 2300.

ROFL. This is SO true! If I ever even get the inkling to drop the cals again, my body is like :angry: "where is my food?!" :laugh:

I forgot to answer the OP, I did a metabolism reset, so it was a good 3-4 months for me :ohwell:

ITA I was freaking starving, it was completely unbearable :(
  • MeDoula
    MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It seems like people put on anywhere from 0-10 lbs.

Should I be in the upper range, expect a huge nervous breakdown here. It took me over a year to lose 10 pounds. Yes...Over a YEAR! :explode: :sad:

I'm still here though. :bigsmile: I had a busy weekend, lots of sodium so it's only naturally for my to boat up like crazy. I won't even check my weight now. One of the changes I noticed is unclear skin. Anyone having issues with that?
  • believeandtry
    believeandtry Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @medoula I am so with you it took me a year to lose 10 lbs and i might have gained it back in these past 1.5 months but I am refusing to get on the scale until I hit 10 weeks or maybe a bit longer...mid june is official weigh in date, but i might do a progress check end of may, no judgement attached to see where I am at! I feel like my pants are tighter but I hope it goes away soon! be strong!
  • hill_dilley
    hill_dilley Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    . One of the changes I noticed is unclear skin. Anyone having issues with that?

Here too, breakout for 3 or 4 ays but much smoother after that...think I need more water!

L x
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am at around the 4 week mark, and have gained 4 pounds and 1 inch on my waist. I come from a background of years of low calorie/high cardio....and lots of yo yo dieting. (low carb, low fat, low calorie, slim fast.....I've tried many!)

All of this started 10 years ago and it has been on and off ever since reaching my goal of 120. I am back to 145. I was at 135, but went on Atkins last summer, got down to 125, but then put on 20 pounds over 6 months...went back on low calorie about 2 months ago, lost 5 pounds, but put that back on when I raised my calories to 1500.

According to the Scooby site listed here, I should be eating 1900 and losing. I am afraid to raise it to that because I have gained at 1500, and an inch on my waist! I am sticking it out though. I do 3x a week strength training for 30 minutes, and usually 30 minutes of cardio 5x a week.
  • JenniferMuriel
    JenniferMuriel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I started losing right away as well- I am 5'6" and 168.6 today (!) and would like a healthy BMI at 145lbs. I have lost a pound a week for the last two. That is pretty impressive for me since I did 3 months of WW to see the same and likely starved myself while trying.
    I think everyone is different.

I personally started losing right away but I have a lot to lose (40-50 lbs).

It seems a lot of people start losing again around the 4 week mark.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I have upped my calories from 1400 to 1600 on May 5th & again to 1800 on May 17th...I have not lost or gained so I am glad about that...My activity level is at moderate right now but not sure if I should keep it at that b/c some weeks like last week I didn't exercise like normal...But like I said I am maintaining my weight with 1800...My main problem is getting that many calories eaten per day without eating junk...For me 1800 is a whole lot of food...But I am going to stick with this for at least another month b/c if I am not gaining I am happy trying to eat more...I have faith that I will start losing once my body realizes I am not going to starve it but I have to get to the point where I CAN eat 1800 each day...I am getting there but it's hard sometimes...Best of luck to all of you doing this!! :)
  • worthyofchange
    worthyofchange Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks into this. Started eating 1800-2200 and lifting (new rules of lifting for women).
    I gained 3 pounds the second week (most likely due to lifting) and it came a few weeks later. Still haven't seen loses on the scale but I've lost a few inches in waist and hips so I'm pleased with that. Hopefully I'll see a slow downward trend on the scale too.