Double standards

Options
slepygrl
slepygrl Posts: 249 Member
I'm interested to know what people think about this pic, Ignore the text for a second. I posted this pic on my facebook page. It inspires me to keep moving. I got a lot of negative feed back. It seemed to bother a lot of people.

So what are your thoughts?

:smile:

fat.jpg

Replies

• Shannonpurple
    Shannonpurple Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Hi Slepygrl

So I know everyone says “you should be happy with the way you are” and that “beauty is only skin deep”, If you are unhappy with the way you look then you are the only one who can change you. If you are not unhappy, you are unhealthy; you should be trying to be healthy. Heart disease, diabetics and high blood pressure are only a few of the problems that being an unhealthy weight can cause. Heart disease is the #1 killer of women. In the United States, 1 in 4 women dies from heart disease. I am not sure what kind of answer you were looking for but here is mine. I hope it is not to direct, I try to be truthful more than anything in everything I post. I am also not trying to come off as mean or rude.
    Yes, I do think it is inspiring to keep moving and working BTW.
  • natvanessa
    natvanessa Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Can you give us some more insight on what negative comments you got about this pic? Or what bothered people about it? I think it's unhealthy and DO NOT want to look like that. I don't imagine anyone would. This is not "curvy", this is definitely overweight. So I'm wondering why people were bothered??
  • ProjectTae
    ProjectTae Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I completely agree saw this on pinterest a couple of days ago and added it to my page!
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    If it gives you inspiration, then keep looking at it. It probably offends people because under their clothes they know they look like that, but are too afraid to change. Congrats to you for choosing a healthier lifestyle.
  • kelichik32
    kelichik32 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It IS unhealthy to be that size, both mentally and physically. I'm interested as to what people said that was negative.