Progress....

Options
climberchic
climberchic Posts: 83 Member
Hey Everyone!! I just wanted to create a new topic and see how everyone is doing??? I feel as though I am REALLY finally motivated and have been active and eating REALLY good for a week. How is everyone else doing? Are you staying disciplined?? I know its tough but if we keep it up now, just think how good we will look and feel this summer!!! :)

Replies

• BlackLabLover
    BlackLabLover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'm doing well! I think I need to schedule days off so I don't get burned out. I found a new sport that I love: indoor rowing. I think it will be a complimentary way to cross-train with the jump rope, as sometimes my shins get sore. Yesterday, I had a Kobe Steakhouse day! It was good, but so salty!!! Looking forward to fresh mozzarella, basil, tomato sandwich on Ezekiel bread for lunch today... going to hit the indoor row machine mid-day and then off to a Beachbody class tonight! I'm so excited because I haven't been able to do it for five months since my Monday nights were taken up with school.

Your post "I know its tough but if we keep it up now, just think how good we will look and feel this summer!!!" reminds me of the book I am reading.. in it there is a statement that reads:

"Any one thing you do is only a scene in a larger movie. To understand that action, you have to play it out all the way to the end of the movie. After viewing the entire film you can decide whether you really want a particular scene in the movie of your life. If it alters the plot or your story, or takes you to other scenes that you do not want to live out, or even causes the movie itself to have a different ending that you had plotted, then you do not want it. No matter how inviting the scene itself is, you do not want it.

Conversely, if it alters the plot of your story in a direction you would want to go; if it creates later scenes that you would want to live out, then you might indeed want to add that scene. No matter how hard the scene itself is, you might want to choose it.

Play now, pay later. Pay now, play later. We teach this to six-year-olds. How much better our adult lives would be if would always live it out ourselves."
  • dodgegirl1979
    dodgegirl1979 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i think i am doing ok. i figured out that i have to walk every day or i dont seem happy with myself. trying to eat much better seems like i have more energy also. lots of carrots and cucumbers help me with something munching on. thats is one thing i really would like gone is always having to munch on something. i feel good just not seeing that scale go down much. but ill keep trying my best. i need this i can do it i have done it in the past so now its time again and never look back at this weight.
  • beautifulone14
    beautifulone14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I did not have a good week last week, many things going on in my life. But, I am determined to make this week a better one. I cannot change the past, I can only work on the present.

Thanks for checking in, it really does help:heart:
  • flipflopjulie
    Options
    Thanks for posting this thread!

I'm doing pretty well... had a couple of hurdles last week but I think I pushed through them. I signed up for a 5K in one month, so I don't have too much time to train, which means really kicking my butt into gear. I have a long way to go, but I am running this 5K as a celebration of 20+ pounds down, as well as a tribute to the memory of my Grandma, whose birthday is a few days prior to the 5K. I'm dedicating my run to her.

I'm glad to be a part of this challenge with a great group of dedicated ladies!
  • climberchic
    climberchic Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    BLL- I think scheduled "lazy" days are a really good ideal. Its very easy to get burned out. (unless you have an addictive personaility and this is the new "fix") LOL, I liked your motivation though. :)

Dodgegirl- Don't think of the need to snack as a bad thing, I have the same problem. Just make sure you choose wisely. nuts are great to snack on and even though they have some calories they are GOOD calories. Think high grade fuel. :) Snacking on veggies is definitely are good one too. Good luck and we all know you can do it too!!

Beautifulalone- everyone has a bad week, don't get discouraged. Great attitude on not looking back. You are right, yesterday is over, move on to how you can be better today!!! Good luck and great job on 20lbs!!!

Flipflopjulie- Again, 5ks are sooo much fun. I think that it is awesome that you signed up for one. It will definitely motivate you. I think that it is awesome that you are honoring your Grandma too. Very cool. Good luck to you and if you have any running questions, feel free to ask.

As for me, this week....I feel really good. I've been eating "clean" (or mostly clean ;) ) for about 5 days and I can really tell with my energy levels. Amazing how much better your body likes you when you are good to it!!! Keep up the great work ladies!!!!!

Happy Tuesday!
  • BlackLabLover
    BlackLabLover Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thx CC. I have to rethink my goals with two rest days - even Jillian Michaels says to take two days off of exercise (and she's insane!). Today I rowed for 30 minutes - not at the intensity I would have liked, but I was advised to build up my heart and lungs before training anaerobically. it is a new concept to me, so I have a lot of reading to do... I should receive my new HRM this Thursday - can't wait! :) Press on...