What type of exercises are you doing?

Options
I sometimes find myself getting bored at the gym using the same cardio machines, so I started going to zumba class and body pump and I tell you it has peaked my interest in exercise all over again! I love challenging myself and pushing harder than the person next to me! I also love, love love the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos!

Replies

• Junee37
    Junee37 Posts: 60
    Options
    I just started the gym..i start with a warm up on the treadmill, then move over to elliptical and then the bike. I plan on alternating weights one day and cardio the next.
  • usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I started the Couch to 5k today! Haven't exercised in MONTHS and I can tell. Ouch. The last time I tried exercising, it was from never having been active, ever. And I quit after a few weeks. So this time, is really my first time being active ever! I have to stick with it. Keep me accountable! :tongue:
  • Ittybitty22
    Ittybitty22 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    taebo eliptical bike
  • 2swtdee
    2swtdee Posts: 14
    Options
    I hate the gym so when I can avoid going I go to the park and walk for 30min. Days I'm off I try to do an hour. I also do jilliam micheals, Tony 10 min trainer. Also on youtube they have great weight training and leg excercises that I do at home.
  • Junee37
    Junee37 Posts: 60
    Options
    I never thought about checking youtube out...cool.
  • LeggyKettleBabe
    LeggyKettleBabe Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm doing cardio (fast walking bout 4-5mph) daily, functional body weight exercises with stability ball and hand weights and weight training with floor machines at my gym. My goal is to exercise on some level every day at least a total of 2-3 hours. This is not continuous working out but broken up during the day.

My first month doing this I lost 9.2 lbs. My strength and endurance have really increased. I usta walk 2.3mph and just yesterday mall walking i logged 5.6mph. I am up to using 40lbs weights now when I started out with 10lbs.

Main focus is on muscle strength and not wasting endless hours on a treadmill/elliptical
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    I'm doing cardio (fast walking bout 4-5mph) daily, functional body weight exercises with stability ball and hand weights and weight training with floor machines at my gym. My goal is to exercise on some level every day at least a total of 2-3 hours. This is not continuous working out but broken up during the day.

My first month doing this I lost 9.2 lbs. My strength and endurance have really increased. I usta walk 2.3mph and just yesterday mall walking i logged 5.6mph. I am up to using 40lbs weights now when I started out with 10lbs.

Main focus is on muscle strength and not wasting endless hours on a treadmill/elliptical

This week I am going to start lifting 3x per week rather than cardio all of the time.
  • rdt1972
    rdt1972 Posts: 3
    Options
    I sometimes find myself getting bored at the gym using the same cardio machines, so I started going to zumba class and body pump and I tell you it has peaked my interest in exercise all over again! I love challenging myself and pushing harder than the person next to me! I also love, love love the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos!

I love zumba! I am also starting a walk to run program. I used to run with my family when I was younger and enjoyed it. My husband is a runner so I would like to have the stamina to run with him someday. I was very involved with sports (softball, volleyball, basketball, swim team, tennis) from childhood up until about 5 years ago when I had to have surgery. I have had 2 other surgeries between now and then and unfortunately my sports days have moved to my past and that lack of activity has assisted my weight gain. I would love to be back in shape and play softball again! :smile:
  • kassiechambliss
    kassiechambliss Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I workout every other day. I do crunches every morning and on the workout days I'm going to start the couch potato to 5k, then on the days I don't work out I play frisbee, tennis, or something else active.
  • msmegas
    msmegas Posts: 13
    Options
    I do at least 30 min of cardio every day. For cardio I either do the Leslie Sansone walking videos or walk/jog outside. I also use free weights, youtube videos and machines at the gym to work a different muscle group every day. Then on the weekends I salsa dance and do yoga to change it up, have some fun and relax. I used to go salsa dancing every Friday night in college, and it really works up a sweat! I can't wait for my pool to open so I can do some water exercises! :)
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    I hate the gym so when I can avoid going I go to the park and walk for 30min. Days I'm off I try to do an hour. I also do jilliam micheals, Tony 10 min trainer. Also on youtube they have great weight training and leg excercises that I do at home.

I really don't like to workout at all I just dont like to sweat!!! but lately I have started going to zumba and also walking outside and it's been better and does not feel like a boring workout at the gym. that's good you have great motivation to work out at home!
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    I do at least 30 min of cardio every day. For cardio I either do the Leslie Sansone walking videos or walk/jog outside. I also use free weights, youtube videos and machines at the gym to work a different muscle group every day. Then on the weekends I salsa dance and do yoga to change it up, have some fun and relax. I used to go salsa dancing every Friday night in college, and it really works up a sweat! I can't wait for my pool to open so I can do some water exercises! :)

girl i love me some leslie sansone! she works for me
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    I workout every other day. I do crunches every morning and on the workout days I'm going to start the couch potato to 5k, then on the days I don't work out I play frisbee, tennis, or something else active.

tennis is great exercise, good for you
  • kevinwk
    kevinwk Posts: 77
    Options
    5 days a week i do 10 mins on the elliptical, then do resistance training (m/w/th upper body, tu/fr lowerbody) then 25 mins on the treadmill. 7 days a week i do 30mins on a stationary bike at home towards the evening. So far so good, and just had to move the belt in another notch after 2 weeks....
  • runninglucy
    runninglucy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I go to a 45 minute "boot camp" at 6 am most mornings during the work week. We have class Monday through Friday. My goal is always to be at every class. If I miss I try to work out at home. In addition to that, my husband and I are hoping to get a number in the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta (a 10K) and also have a 5K run in a few weeks so we have been running/walking at least 3 miles at night 3 times per week. I do intervals to help burn fat but as I get closer to the Peachtree I'll run more and walk less. We also like to hike, kayak, and ride bikes.
  • BexBlueye
    BexBlueye Posts: 5
    Options
    When I go to the gym (which is usually 2-3 times per week) I start on the treadmill then usually hit the elliptical , then sometimes the bike or back to the treadmill. I try to do at leat 45 -60 mins of cardio.

when I don't go to the gym I try to do things like work with the stability ball, weights , do walks , do some belly dancing or jump on the mini trampoiline.

I am also trying to incorporate doing more things like lunges, squats, and yoga/pilates for strength training.

once my stamina is up I hope to start jogging and doing more with weights.