Week 8 - SSS 13 week challenge (all teams)

Thanks so much to shapestocome for setting up the new Google docs spreadsheets for me! Hopefully I'll be able to get my laptop looked at this week and try to figure out why I can't get online!

For week 8 challenges, we are going to have to repeat last week again until I can get online (other than via my cell phone!) But I promise that I've been working on some new exercises! They're just saved to my laptop right now!

Sunday.......
Under calorie goal: Yes
Water: 8 glasses
Walked 5.2 miles
Challenges: No

Replies

• kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Sunday:

Challenge exercises: Did day 6 since I was out of town over the weekend and didn't get them done then!
    Under calories: YES -but not for Friday or Saturday:-(
    Water: 13 glasses
    Walking challenge: 0

Teresa: Good luck with the computer...it is such a pain to have problems like that! Technology is a blessing and a curse!
    I hope to have a good week too, after a pretty sloppy weekend with too much food & wine. Good friends are fun to be with though!

Have a good week, everyone! kackie
  • shapestocome
    shapestocome Posts: 399 Member
    Sunday Stats:
    Water 8 cups
    Under calorie goal: Yes
    Walking Challenge - 9 miles
    Burned 933 calories
    Minutes 153 minutes

Not a problem Teresa, happy to help, you do so much!!

Things have slowed down so I am planning on checking in each day here and post my stats! Here is to a great week everyone!
    Dorie
  • m00nflwr
    m00nflwr Posts: 103 Member
    hope you figure out what's going on with your computer, Teresa!

Sunday:

Under cals: yes
    Water: 8 cups & still going
    Exercises: no
    Walking: 1.5 mi
  • OOOH!! I ALMOST FORGOT !!!!

THIS WEEKS FUN CHALLENGE IS JUMPING ROPE!!

I don't care if you do it fast or slow, or even double dutch (remember that?) Just let us know how many you do!!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Week 8 Sunday Day 1
    Exercise challenge: no
    Under Calories: Yes
    Water: 12
    Miles Walked: 1
    Calories Burned: 76
    Minutes Exercised: 30
    Cals under maintenance: 68

That sounds like a good excuse to finally get a jump rope! Is this a daily challenge?

I hope your computer is quickly and cheaply fixed!
  • Week 8 Sunday Day 1
    Exercise challenge: no
    Miles Walked: 1
    Calories Burned: 76
    Minutes Exercised: 30
    Cals under maintenance: 68

That sounds like a good excuse to finally get a jump rope! Is this a daily challenge?

I hope your computer is quickly and cheaply fixed!

You can make it a daily challenge... that's what I'm going to do. I haven't jumped rope in like 75 years, so it should be very comical to say the least.
  • shapestocome
    OOOH!! I ALMOST FORGOT !!!!

THIS WEEKS FUN CHALLENGE IS JUMPING ROPE!!

I don't care if you do it fast or slow, or even double dutch (remember that?) Just let us know how many you do!!

Tonight I will dig out my jump rope! What should I count?... jumps? minutes? maybe seconds? lol
  • Katacheese
    Katacheese Posts: 112 Member
    Week 8 Sunday

Exercises- no
    Under calories- yes
    Water- about 18 cups. It's so hot here!
    Walking 8 miles
  • gklangdon
    gklangdon Posts: 80 Member
    It's so beautiful here!!! Absolutely loving the weather.

Exercises - yes
    Under calories - yes
    Water - 13 glasses
    Evening Walk - 3.5 miles
  • kackie
    kackie Posts: 676 Member
    Monday:

Challenge exercises: YES
    Under Caloires: YES (but had to go do some more exercise this evening before I was under)
    Water: 12 glasses
    Walking challenge: 0 (Not supposed to do any real exercise for 48 hours after I had my face "fried" at the dermatologist today, but I did our challenge exercises and a little gardening...will have to walk a lot later this week!)
    Jump Rope: 0 (See above!....did we ever decide how we would "measure" the jumping???

Have a good one, Kackie
  • Exercises; no
    Water; 8 glasses
    Under calories; yes
    Walking; 0

I guess I was thinking of counting the "jumps" but I bought a jump rope today and dint do as well as I had hoped..... LOL! I finally got in 41 (total), but it took awhile! At one point I was cracking up so much I thot I was gonna pee my pants! I'm sure my neighbors in my apartment complex found it entertaining as well! Hahaha!
  • shapestocome
    Monday Stats:
    Exercise Challenges: No
    Water 8 cups
    Under calorie goal: NO!
    Walking Challenge - 4.25 miles
    Burned 376 calories
    Minutes 67 minutes

Couldn't find the jump rope yet so maybe tonight I will just have to use a pretend one!

Teresa - Yeah, I am not sure how I will do - it has been a long time since I jumped rope!!

Dorie
  • quietlywinning
    Week 8 Monday Day 2
    Exercise challenge: yes
    Water: 10
    Miles Walked:
    Calories Burned: 425
    Minutes Exercised: 60
    Cals under maintenance: 234

I helped a friend pack to move and only counted about a third of that time because part of it was just packing, even though quite a bit of the time was carrying boxes, appliances and small furniture.

Week 8 Tuesday Day 3
    Exercise challenge: yes Monday and Tuesday's
    Miles Walked: 1.5
    Calories Burned: 229
    Minutes Exercised: 40
    Cals under maintenance: 314

I haven't found a jump rope yet - I checked Target, Walmart, Kmart and Farm & Fleet. So far not a single adult-sized jump rope has been found. Where are you getting them?
  • I got my jump rope at ****'s Sporting Goods for around $10. I didnt get a chance to "jump" last night :ohwell:

Tuesday:

Exercises: yes
    water: 12 glasses
    under calorie goal: yes
    miles: 0
    jump rope: none

Have a GREAT day everybody!!

I think it's hysterical that this site won't let me type the word d*i*c*k !!!! It wouldn't let me do it when I was requesting prayer last week for my friend either..... that is his name too. Please continue to pray for him and his wife Marj.
  • shapestocome
    Tuesday Stats:
    Exercise Challenges: No
    Water 8 cups
    Under calorie goal: NO!
    Walking Challenge - 0 miles - Rest Day!
    Burned 0 calories
    Minutes 0 minutes

OMG that is so funny that it won't let you type that :laugh: I did not exercise yesterday so I will jump rope tonight.

Dorie
  • misty2ann
    misty2ann Posts: 127
    This has been a rough month for me. Motivation has been long gone and even though I am doing well with the eating part of my plan, the excersise part has been non existent. I am trying to change that. I have not been posting every day on this thread, but I am keeping it caught up on the spreadsheet. I hope that is ok. I am glad to see most everyone is doing so well! Congrats to you all! I hope to suck some of your motivation into myself :)
  • quietlywinning
    Week 8 Wednesday Day 4
    Exercise challenge: yes
    Miles Walked: 3
    Calories Burned: 507
    Minutes Exercised: 107
    Cals under maintenance: 449

I'd have to leave town to get to any sporting goods store, but thanks - for some dumb reason I didn't think of that!! I guess I'll miss this challenge, but I still want a jump rope! I'm tired of winning all the hula hoop contests, it's time to brush up on my rope jumping and start competing with the kid on that, lol.

I've been helping a friend move this week, so have had a couple of great burns, *and* I am not behind on the exercise challenges - I'm getting back on track! I didn't technically get off, but I sure wasn't feeling it for awhile, and I was having to play catch up on the challenges a couple of times a week. I'm hoping for a LOSS this week....or I might cry lol.

Tomorrow is my long work day - the last I checked was Monday and I had 8 seniors signed up. Hopefully by the time I get there it will be more! But 8 is good and I'll be tired at the end of the day - and I'll have grocery money lol. Friday evening I'll be at a Blues Fest/benefit for the Leukemia & Lymphoma society, but should get plenty of exercise done first.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and Teresa, your friend with the name-we-shall-not-use is in my prayers.
  • Katacheese
    Katacheese Posts: 112 Member
    I've been a little crazy this week. But I have been working hard

Monday
    Exercise challenge- yes
    Under calories- yes
    Water- 14
    Miles walked- none

Tuesday
    Exercise challenge- yes
    Under calories- yes
    water 15 cups