Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

knee pain

Does anyone else have trouble with their knees? I feel like my knees start burning especially in the cardio recovery dvd and I can't hold the squat/lunge for very long. I make sure my knees are behind my toes and it still hurts! I think I've always had issues but never this bad. Any suggestions? I was thinking maybe I don't have the right kind of shoes?

Replies

• billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    Do you have a mat you are exercising on? The sales guy convinced me to get the exercise mat and I am so glad I did, I think it's made all the difference in the world. You might need better shoes, but I don't know much about that. I always do Insanity barefoot.
  • braykay23
    braykay23 Posts: 28
    I think I'll try it barefoot and if that doesn't help then I'll get a mat! Thanks for the advice
  • billyjoebob
    billyjoebob Posts: 72
    I've been exercising at home barefoot for a year now. At first the arches of my feet were sore, but they got better after a week or two. I also got my husband to rub them and that helped quite a bit.
  • robinskv
    robinskv Posts: 107 Member
    I skip the jumping jacks because that is what seems to really hurt my knees the most. I just do mountain climbers instead and my knees feel better. I also take ibuprofin once in awhile if they get too bad.
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    I think I'll try it barefoot and if that doesn't help then I'll get a mat! Thanks for the advice

I do it barefoot to, it makes me shins hurt sometimes also. Are you using Cross-Trainer shoes?
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    Also maybe you should try some knee braces, I have problems out of my knees from PsA and wear them sometimes.
  • wendyjo3
    wendyjo3 Posts: 52 Member
    I had a sore knee yesterday for the first time! It feels like it needs to 'pop' or something. I still did my Insanity yesterday and it feels a bit better today. I think just take it easy on the one (or two knees) until it is feeling better.