Will it be any different? Help/Advice needed. Thanks.

Options
So I have been trying to loose weight since Sept 2010.
I started at 297lbs and have been doing Slimming World since then.
In the year and a half since then I have got down to 220lbs.
I was eating about 2000-2200 calories a day (estimate based on working out a few days of normal foods)
This worked fine for me until the start of this year when my weight loss stalled and I have been floating from 215 to 230 since then.

I would like to try this as eating 1200-1400 calories isn't enough for me long term.
I have only been doing this a few days (+ eating exercise calories) but it feels like a short term thing and I don't want to live like this.

According to the calculators:
BMR - 1799
TDEE - 2473
TDEE-15- 2102

So I should be eating 2102 calories a day?

My worry is that I was eating about this amount on Slimming World so how is it going to be any different eating this amount while calorie counting?
Will this not work for me as I have been doing it for so long?

Thanks in advance, I really need some advice.

Replies

• HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    It works for everyone! You might just need to give it some time. It seems to take anywhere from 0-10 weeks for people to start seeing losses. SOme gain initially and some don't.

it is a slower process but a much healthier and enjoyable one IMO.
  • Addibellex
    Addibellex Posts: 6
    Options
    I understand what you mean and I believe it should work but I am worried that I was already eating that many calories whilst following Slimming World and haven't been loosing since the start of the year.
    Don't know if there is enough difference in this plan to help me.
  • meggyh20
    meggyh20 Posts: 116
    Options
    I'm just starting out with this, but the things I would look at are what types of foods are making up those calories? And have you been doing any strength training (weight lifting)? The suggested ratio here is 40% carbs/30% protein/30% fats. I know for me (at 195 lbs), I would have a tendency to eat mostly carbs if given a choice. Protein in combination with strength training should help you build muscle, which requires more calories to sustain. So, if your diet is composed of healthy foods, and a lot of protein, and you're already strength training, this may not be that different. But I would log your diet on MFP for a week or so (if you haven't already), and look at your ratios. That is the only suggestion I can make as I am just starting out. :)
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what slimming world is but it sounds like you aren't sure if you were eating the same number of calories or not.

Have you accurately figured out your TDEE? If you have then you need to deduct 15% from that and give it at least 4 weeks.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I guess what can it hurt ... not working for you at the moment so why not give something else a try ... also if you do plateau again there are strategies to try so you shouldn't be stuck for too long again. Good luck