just wanna eat

Options
EllenGould
EllenGould Posts: 30 Member
Does anyone take spells where you are just hungry all day? It's like all I wanna do is eat (over eat) to get that oh so full feeling I guess. It's not like I can't fight the urge but a big greasy cheeseburger and fries would sure hit the spot. Wonder if vitamins would help with this?

Replies

• marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    I just saw your question and yes, I do have days when I could empty the frig...nothing new, I suppose. I mean that's what got me here! What I often crave is protein...cheese, a piece of chicken, etc. I get enough, so that's not it. I do find that a glass of water helps, and that an alternative like a piece of fruit does too. The commitment I've made to log helps too. Sometimes I really have to talk to myself and ask if I'm actually hungry. If so...I eat.
  • 1lindachristine
    1lindachristine Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Ellen, yes that is a struggle for me as well. I try to side track myself, doing something active, like a walk or one of my hobbies, knitting. Remind myself of my weight loss goal, and really check to see if I'm hungry or just bored. I drink flavored water and I have found if I am craving protein I have usually eaten too many carbohydrates or sweets. I do take a multiple vitamin, B complex, D, Calcium, and fish oil, my doctor is aware of all the supplement I take. Good luck finding your diversion, we are all in this together hopefully you'll get some more hints.
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Yes - like right now. I am having some PMS cravings. If I eat lower carbs I seem to have this less often, but I still get them from time to time. If there is a vitamin or supplement to help with this I haven't heard of it. It is said that fat helps you to feel fuller, and I believe that it true.
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yep, I have those kind of days too!