I am SO boated! About to pop!

Options
MeDoula
MeDoula Posts: 233 Member
OMGoodness, I didn't know one can bloat up this much. It's not even this extreme during TOM and I feel like it's getting worst day by day. My ring sits so tight, I can't even move it (was lose couple days ago). My clothes that were lose are very snug and if I blow up just a little bit more, I will have to take out a larger size. I feel horrible since I started EMTWL on May 12. I was also curious and stepped on the scale this morning: +4 lbs. I measured myself and put on .5 inch on each thigh. I know it's water and not fat but here I am :mad: :sad: Very emotional. It took me a year to lose 10 lbs and lots of hard work.

Can you recommend something to get rid of the bloat? Or should I just stick it out and hope it won't last 10 weeks?

Also, since starting this my skin started to break out. Did anyone notice this?

Replies

• jyska
    jyska Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice the skin thing so much, but the bloat? oh yeah...I've been doing this about 7 weeks or so now and it's still there to some degree but it does subside. You just have to push through it.
  • rebekahgo
    rebekahgo Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    i don't recall if my skin got worse when i started, probably because i had been having my problems with breakouts for a good while, but NOW, it is SO much better. that was definitely an unexpected plus of this whole thing.
  • misspgreenwood
    Options
    I've noticed it on my stomach - I also figure that some of thats due to my increase in exercise - I keep drinking the water and pappermint tea and hope it comes off!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Each time I increased my calories, I went through the bloating that you're going through. Just try to increase your water as much as possible, keep your sodium to a minimum (under 2500 mg) and try to push through it.

Stay focused on your end goal!!!
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You could try lemon water. I take a mug full of water then warm it up, about 2 min in the micro then squeeze half a lemon in it every morning. The first time I started this, its been a few months, after a couple days I peed and peed. I am a big water, coffee and tea person so it was lots more time in the bathroom! Day AND night.

I tried to stop drinking it and was only going to drink it during my bloat times but it has become a habit, has cut down my coffee consumption and I actually like it. The idea is that its a natural diuretic and very hydrating.

I would also stay off the scale to keep your sanity intact:flowerforyou:

Keep going. The bloating is normal. You have to get through the hard stuff to get to the good stuff.

Its like that Winston Churchhill quote " If you are going through Hell, keep going"