My new suit

Options
rob_v
rob_v Posts: 270 Member
As some of you man know, this year, I have made it my goal to train for an finish an Ironman. I have been in contact w/ Epix gear (who I have a tri suit from already and love) and they have helped customized a suit for me this year. Although they couldn't sponsor me (which would have been great) they have agreed to donate the cost of the suit to the MS Society.

On the back I had asked them to print the following :

In 2007 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis.
Every day it takes a little more of my mind and
my body. Every day I may get a little slower
and weaker. You may see me swim, float, pedal,
coast, run, walk, or crawl but you will never
see me give up.

I refuse to quit.

I run this race for all those with MS who can't.

This is pretty much my motivation to get my *kitten* out there and keep moving. I love the way this looks!

front.jpg

back.jpg

Replies

• c3js80
    c3js80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Looks amazing. I don't know what your neurologist told you when you were diagnosed, but mine told me that 5 years in to your diagnosis you could pretty much be sure that there wouldn't be any drastic change in your condition. That has been true for me, for the most part. Just cognitive issues no one would notice but me. And strangely enough, I'm probably in better shape now than I was before.
  • carilyn39
    carilyn39 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    that is so absolutely excuse my french "KICK *kitten*!" I love it, everything about it. NEVER give up absolutely not. you are killer and my hero. I am soo serious and impressed with what you have accomplished. my gosh compete in an IRONMAN are you freaking serious. okay enough idol worship but really you are awesome!!
  • Benji49
    Benji49 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    The suit looks great! Good luck in the Ironman!
  • rob_v
    Options
    Thank you so much for you humbling words. Ill post some pics once I actually receive it. I am pretty happy w/ the way it turned out!
  • Hootsmamma
    Hootsmamma Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Rob, This is an amazing suit! I think it's fantastic that they agreed (although not to sponsor you) but to at least donate the cost of it to the MS society/foundation. I absolutly love what it says on the back. I think you are a inspiration to many. I know you inspire me. I wish you all the best in your upcoming Ironman competion. I definitely look forward to seeing pics of you in it!
  • Tari150
    Tari150 Posts: 17
    Options
    I want to add my thanks for including all of us in this race. I pray you stay stable now and though the race and have a great adventure. The suit is amazing and I look forward to the pictures.
  • jgsm
    jgsm Posts: 16
    Options
    Ditto. That suit is just fabulously cool. You will triumph! Keep us updated, and best of luck in your race.
  • rob_v
    Options
    Well came back from a ride today and found a package waiting for me!!
    Its pretty cool to be able to go from this guy :

13905684_1680.jpg

to this guy (weighed in at 186 this morn):

13905684_6095.jpg

Its a good thing I live life like no one is watching - b/c everyone gonna see me in this thing! Plus I picked up new set of neon orange running shoes (same ones Ive been training in - but on clearance for 40 bux - vs 120 new - yea Im frugal like that!!). Im pretty sure you can see me from the moon w/ them on;)
    Please ignore the dorky smurk on my face!
  • JerseyGirl081
    JerseyGirl081 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    OMG IT LOOKS AWESOME ON YOU! :-D
  • thinkscientist
    Options
    Wow!

So Cool!
  • reedee94
    reedee94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The new suit looks great I love the statement on the back and am so pleased that you can run and compete in iron man. Although I can no longer run because of this ms I too will never give up and swim and do what I can. It sure makes me happy that you are out there doing this and i send you all best wishes and virtual strength willing you on. Look forward to seeing pics.