Favorite type of Horror "villain"?

Options
istalkzombies
istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
So whats everyone's favorite type of "villain"?

Psycopaths, clowns, genius (as in Saw), zombies, mindgames type ones, serial killer, ghosts, creatures, tribes, animals, deformed type people (Hills Have Eyes, Wrong Turn), kids, just ordinary people who snap, stalkers, etc...

Other than zombies obviously I always enjoy creature flicks theres a good I believe Korean made one called Host that was kinda weird but pretty neat, I LOVE Cloverfield and even enjoy some of those cheesy b movie type flicks haha I also love good Shark Attack movies haha.

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Man thats a hard one, all of the ones listed have a place in my heart.

Favorite type of horror villian would probably be a good ghost. The ghost can be mangled and decrepit looking which makes it look more creature looking. Or could be a creature ghost. I remember when I was little, the image that haunted me was the ghost in the film Poltergiest that blocked the mom from getting into the kid's room. The nightmares that came from that image were haunting me for a few months after. It was always coming out of the same spot in my room, in the corner, always reaching for me with its long-*kitten* arms.

The_Beast_(Poltergeist).jpg

I guess to correctly answer your question. Ghosts and Monsters are the greatest kinds for me. Then there are the ones that a staple in my faves. Like Jigsaw, the Thing, or a good zombie.

As much as I love werewolves, they arent my favorite horror thing.
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    Man thats a hard one, all of the ones listed have a place in my heart.

Favorite type of horror villian would probably be a good ghost. The ghost can be mangled and decrepit looking which makes it look more creature looking. Or could be a creature ghost. I remember when I was little, the image that haunted me was the ghost in the film Poltergiest that blocked the mom from getting into the kid's room. The nightmares that came from that image were haunting me for a few months after. It was always coming out of the same spot in my room, in the corner, always reaching for me with its long-*kitten* arms.

The_Beast_(Poltergeist).jpg

I guess to correctly answer your question. Ghosts and Monsters are the greatest kinds for me. Then there are the ones that a staple in my faves. Like Jigsaw, the Thing, or a good zombie.

As much as I love werewolves, they arent my favorite horror thing.

I agree on werewolves they're awesome in movies like Underworld but not really good horror wise, damn now I feel like watching Underworld haha
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    That's tough because I'm a fan of ghost movies and they don't usually have "villains" per se, except for Ringu of course (Samara was pretty scary).

Best werewolf = this fella from The Howling...

tumblr_ktn9lxe5B01qz7q2t.jpg

Good call on that Poltergeist monster, Cape, that thing was frikkin cool!

I enjoyed Pyramid Head in Silent Hill, though again he wasn't really the villain...

Pyramid_head_movie_small.jpg

"Simon" in session 9 was the best villain who never showed up onscreen.

The house in Burnt Offerings was a pretty awesome villain.

And this chap of course...

jaws-bigger-boat-attack-500x309.jpg

Shout outs to Leslie Vernon in Behind the Mask, Indrid Cold in Mothman Prophecies, The croc in Rogue and of course (ooo ooo ooo cha cha cha...) Mister Voorhees.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Options
    Now the old brain is firing up...

Tarman
    tarman.jpg

Candyman
    candyman.jpg

The Creeper
    2003_jeepers_creepers_2_016-thumb-572xauto-210751.jpg

The Tall Man
    tallman.jpg

Mick Taylor
    Mick+Taylor.jpg
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    I think it is official that you cant claim one kind of thing to be the best horror villian. Because even though you have this monster or that ghost, or this killer, they are all seperate.

Like the killer clown on "It" is three times scarier than the clowns on "Killer Clowns from Outer-Space"

or the giant spider on Harry Potter is alot freaker than the one in "Earth Vs. the Giant Spider"

It seems like there are more individuals that stand out in a specific genere. Like "that" werewolf or "that" monster, rather than "werewolves", or "monsters".

that said, this thread is awesome because I am reliving all my favorite nightmare masters!
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    I think it is official that you cant claim one kind of thing to be the best horror villian. Because even though you have this monster or that ghost, or this killer, they are all seperate.

Like the killer clown on "It" is three times scarier than the clowns on "Killer Clowns from Outer-Space"

or the giant spider on Harry Potter is alot freaker than the one in "Earth Vs. the Giant Spider"

It seems like there are more individuals that stand out in a specific genere. Like "that" werewolf or "that" monster, rather than "werewolves", or "monsters".

that said, this thread is awesome because I am reliving all my favorite nightmare masters!

"It" is oen of the most boring and dumb movies I have ever seen I do not understand the hype that surrounds that movie even when I was 5 years old I didn't find it the least bit scary. I agree this thread is awesome haha

haha the scariest werewolf imo are the ones from Underworld and even they aint that scary
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

"It" is oen of the most boring and dumb movies I have ever seen I do not understand the hype that surrounds that movie even when I was 5 years old I didn't find it the least bit scary. I agree this thread is awesome haha

haha the scariest werewolf imo are the ones from Underworld and even they aint that scary

gonna be honest with you, I've never seen "It" I was just always told it was a terribly freaky movie.

I dont see werewolves and find them scary. I find them badass, cool, and sometimes I root for the werewolf. In my opinion, the best werewolf in a movie I've seen is in Van Helsing (with Hugh Jackman). YES, it is CGI, but hear me out. The werewolf in Van Helsing is everything you want to see in a biped werewolf without it looking like a bear (American Werewolf in London/Paris) The lycans of Underworld are badass too. Love how theyre all costumes, but the one thing I dont like so much is how closely the resemble hyenas.
    But yea, werewolevs arent so much scary as they are freaking awesome.
  • istalkzombies
    Options

gonna be honest with you, I've never seen "It" I was just always told it was a terribly freaky movie.

I dont see werewolves and find them scary. I find them badass, cool, and sometimes I root for the werewolf. In my opinion, the best werewolf in a movie I've seen is in Van Helsing (with Hugh Jackman). YES, it is CGI, but hear me out. The werewolf in Van Helsing is everything you want to see in a biped werewolf without it looking like a bear (American Werewolf in London/Paris) The lycans of Underworld are badass too. Love how theyre all costumes, but the one thing I dont like so much is how closely the resemble hyenas.
    But yea, werewolevs arent so much scary as they are freaking awesome.

Van Helsing was awesome till the ending, the ending killed it for me
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Options
    Cape, you need to see Dog Soldiers, pronto...

"IT" was pretty average, Tim Curry elevated it out of oblivion I guess, if he hadn't been so great as Pennywise then it would have been forgotten like all the other King adaptions. A lot of the hate it gets is because of the end being so far off the book and because it skipped the whole kiddy orgy section.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

"IT" was pretty average, Tim Curry elevated it out of oblivion I guess, if he hadn't been so great as Pennywise then it would have been forgotten like all the other King adaptions. A lot of the hate it gets is because of the end being so far off the book and because it skipped the whole kiddy orgy section.

oh I have Dog Soldiers, and watched part 2 (and 3?) on SciFi whenever its on. Its a really great werewolf movie, but Van Helsing still takes the cake as my favorite werewolf in a movie.

There was a child orgy...?????? Erm, I'm glad that wasnt filmed!

@istalkzombies: I didnt like the ending so much for Van Helsing, mostly because Kate Beckinsale (ooouaahh Kate Beckinsale) dies. (SORRY FOR SPOILER ALERTS!)
  • istalkzombies
    Options

oh I have Dog Soldiers, and watched part 2 (and 3?) on SciFi whenever its on. Its a really great werewolf movie, but Van Helsing still takes the cake as my favorite werewolf in a movie.

There was a child orgy...?????? Erm, I'm glad that wasnt filmed!

@istalkzombies: I didnt like the ending so much for Van Helsing, mostly because Kate Beckinsale (ooouaahh Kate Beckinsale) dies. (SORRY FOR SPOILER ALERTS!)

Dog Soldiers is pretty sweet, and ya just the whole ending was dumb and cheesy
  • Gyoza11
    Gyoza11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I love any kind of character that really messes with the characters minds before doing anything.
    Like the dinner scene from Texas chainsaw massacre, the T.V. scene from Ju-on and of course Freddy Krueger in general.
  • istalkzombies
    Options
    I love any kind of character that really messes with the characters minds before doing anything.
    Like the dinner scene from Texas chainsaw massacre, the T.V. scene from Ju-on and of course Freddy Krueger in general.

The dinner scene is CLASSIC. I also liked the scene in House of 1000 Corpses where it show that guy made into a mermaid lol
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options

Agreed, Curry was the saving grace of this film - he does such a great creepy character - wished he was more active in films.

For me, I kinda root for the villains half the time - but for me my favorites are the normal guy/girl that looses it - Shining, Session 9, May, Audition, Old Boy - when they look so normal, it's awesome
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

Agreed, Curry was the saving grace of this film - he does such a great creepy character - wished he was more active in films.

For me, I kinda root for the villains half the time - but for me my favorites are the normal guy/girl that looses it - Shining, Session 9, May, Audition, Old Boy - when they look so normal, it's awesome

Reminds me of a quote from the movie "The Addams Family" when Wednesday Addams comes down the stairs during Halloween and she is asked where is her Halloween costume and what she is going to go as. She replies "I'm dressed as a serial killer. They look like everyone else."
  • istalkzombies
    Options

Reminds me of a quote from the movie "The Addams Family" when Wednesday Addams comes down the stairs during Halloween and she is asked where is her Halloween costume and what she is going to go as. She replies "I'm dressed as a serial killer. They look like everyone else."

lol love that part!