FITBIT ANALYSIS - Need Help with Plateau

Options
elo83
elo83 Posts: 97 Member
So I posted this in the general forum but didn't get many responses. Maybe someone here can help me.
I upped my cals a few months ago and have been unable to break through this plateau. I eat anywhere between 1560-2000 cals a day depending on exercise. What am I doing wrong? My weight is going back up again! I weighed in at 162 this morning. Very disspointing.
fm813l.jpg

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    what are your numbers suppose to be? (BMR, TDEE - 15%?) How much did you go up by?
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm still learning about the whole EM2WL process and just now, after many weeks, starting to see a hint of a loss, so remember that when I say this.

According to Fitbit your TDEE is 2192 (15346/7=2192) and a 15% cut from 2192 is 1863. You say you are eating 1560-2000 calories a day but, according to your analysis, you only AVERAGED 1589 (11128/7=1589) which means some days you are even below that. If I was you I try to average 1863 and see how it goes. Also, I don't know what your exercise program is (or if it is), but Fitbit does not do a good job of calculation calories burned on things like squats, lunges, weightlifting, boxing, etc. I use my HRM for that and rely on Fitbit for walking, running, etc.

I bet someone more knowledgeable than me will chime in. :smile:

Good luck on your journey to fitness and don't give up!
  • elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies.
    BMR - 1430
    TDEE - based on fitbit cals 2192
    15% cut would be 1863
    I do New Rules of Lifting for Women 2 or 3 times a week.
    Kickboxing 1 day a week and Spin 1 day a week.
    Now that the weather is nicer instead of spin I'll do an hour or so of raquetball with my husband.
    Thanks!
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    RMK20Togo, you are right on!!!

Elo eat the 1863 every single day whether you workout or not. On the racquetball day, you will have a high burn day so you will probably need to eat back calories to at least net your bmr.
  • rmk20togo
    Options

I'm learning! :love: :love: It pays to hang around here.
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

Elo eat the 1863 every single day whether you workout or not. On the racquetball day, you will have a high burn day so you will probably need to eat back calories to at least net your bmr.

Sorry to be taking over this post. I finally found the answer to my question with your reply here: Eat the TDEE with the cut where I workout or not. I assume this was the case but could not find confirmation anywhere. Today is a sedentary day for me and was wondering what to do. Know I know I should eat my TDEE.

Sorry again for interfering.
  • rmk20togo
    Options
    Most people here recommending eating TDEE-15% every day. On days when you have a high burn, they recommend netting BMR. For exampled, my numbers are:

BMR 1613
    TDEE (moderate activity - workout 6x/wk) 2500
    CUT 2500 - 15% = 2125

The theory is I eat 2125 every day, even on rest days. On really high burn days (over 500 since 2125-1613=512) I should try to net BMR (1613). For example, today I burned 900 calories in my AM workout. By this theory, if I eat cut value of 2125 then I'm netting 1225 (2125-900=1225) which is below my BMR. I should eat 2513 to net my BMR of 1613. That said, I just eat my cut of 2125 every day. I haven't mustered the courage to net BMR because I have high burn days 4x/week.