Phase 1 (liquid diet)

Options
kascntry
kascntry Posts: 18 Member
Currently I'm on phase 1 of the program. I did it for 2wks & when I met w/ my Dr, I asked if she felt it would be safe/effective/etc for me to continue what I am currently doing.

Why did I ask to continue on phase 1? I feel I am finally to the point of seeing food & having it not completly capture me. It used to be that I could go all day & not eat but, then on my way home...grab a sub w/ bag of chips (or can of pringles...neither of which being the small packs) & sit there to eat all on my own. The past 2 weeks on the 4 shakes & one snack...I feel totally full!

My fiancee & I have gone out a couple of times but, I watched what I ate & still lost 1.5lbs. Yesterday we went to 99 & I ended up w/ the herbed salmon & veggies meal. It was just the right size for me!

Replies

• kascntry
    Options
    Well...I did well today. Had 2 temptations before me at work but, I refrained from touching them. We had cake for one of the girls birthdays at work which I didn't have. Then when I had gone to the lunch room (since that is the only place to get wifi) I grabbed a bag of chips for another girl at work. Oh how I wanted to break into those chips!! I didn't though. I thought about my Cream of Chicken soup & how good it would taste in a few hours. I was right....it did taste SO good!

How are you doing? Are you right on track or are you feeling a little off??
  • kascntry
    Options
    Didn't post yesterday but, it was a good day. Got home pretty late from my 1st day back to the gym. I started up w/ step class. I really thought it was all levels but, I was mistaken when I met w/ the instructer. She suggested that if I got lost w/ steps or it was too quick for me...just slow it down a bit. Surprisingly....I did well.

Tonight was Aqua Sampler which we did tai chi. It was fun & I'm looking forward to the next class. Tomorrow I think I have kick boxing. Thankfully...this one I am sure is all levels. I have a feeling I'll be slowing down. hehe

Before I get to the gym though...going to weigh in & pick up more product. Has it really been a week?!

How is your exercising going??
  • Mission2Me
    Mission2Me Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    which program did you choose?
  • kascntry
    Options
    I'm on the 800 calorie plan. I'm currently on week 5. May 31st will be 6wks on phase one then I think I'm going to move on. I'm still doing well on it except for being so hungry today! I had some dill pickles & that is helping.

Have you started the program? What phase are you doing??
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    I go for my first appointment on june the fourth. I have not really been told about the different plans. I have just been hearing about the from other people. do they make you eat the prepackaged foods they sell?

also did they offer to give you something to help with the hunger. I heard about the appetite suppressants they have.
  • kascntry
    Options
    I'm w/ the prepackaged foods. They aren't bad at all! At least I don't feel they are that bad. There are some bars that I have decided I will NOT get again. For some odd reason...I really enjoy the cream of chicken soup. I use more water than they suggest though. If I didn't...too thick for my taste. I'm not a tomato soup person so...can't help you on that one. I also find the vanilla & chocolate powder shakes to be better than the premixed. The colder the water....the better for the powder. I sometimes toss in a couple ice cubes. For the premixed shakes....I enjoy the cafe mocha & field berry! Put the premixed in the freezer for a couple hours & they are really good.

They do have appetite suppressants but, I opted out of that. I didn't find myself hungry w/ the 800 calories. Then again...I wasn't a big eater in the first place. Just ate wrong things so...gained weight.

Any other questions....feel free to ask. Hope I am being of some help to you. :)
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    I have problem with health food bars I can buy at the stores. so I feel that I will probably not do well on those either. do you know if there is a place for me to look at all of their plans. I just want to be ready when I go in, so that I can have it in my mind what I need to do. it will cut down on the confusion. especially since I will have a lot to focus on with health issues. They say on their website that they formulate a specific plan for each individual person and their health problems. any thoughts on that? it was the main reason I chose their center.
  • kascntry
    Options
    Thankfully you don't HAVE to do the bars. They have other snack choices to pick from. :smile:

As for a place to look at all of the plans...I do not know of one. The best advice that I can give you about the plans is simply to go to the appointment & talk w/ the Doctor about it. The only reason that I say this is because they really do formulate a plan specific to you. I understand the confusion concern but, I don't want you to making a decision off what I say. I'm happy to talk about the program & try to answer questions but, what each plan entails...that is what your Doctor apt is for. :happy:

I also decided to go w/ CMWL because of the Doctor assistance. It isn't like the other Doctor programs I came across. I feel personally I am able to stick to this & the weekly weigh in helps to keep me grounded. Makes me be accountable to myself for my actions.

I hope this helps!
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    it really does help. I was hoping to find someone to go through this journey with honestly and hopefully we can go through this together (although you are ahead of me). I just think I mostly worry about how easy it will be to fail. I dont want that to happen. how much have you lost so far? my health issues are motivating me to take this next step. I think it is needed, no matter how nervous I am.
  • kascntry
    Options
    Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Been busy here.

Don't think about failing. Put your mind to it & stick to it. I know...easier said than done. Trust me. I have already been bad this week. I think I will continue for at least one more week & I'm sure I will be gaining on my weigh in Thursday. Just because of the holiday & me being hungry for more than what I have. We can get through this together. I may be ahead but, I'll still be here.

I have lost 10.5lbs. Think the bar under my name says 11lbs but, that is .5 off. hehe

That is what started me on the journey. I wanted to be healthy for my (at the time) boyfriend but, as of March 30...he is my fiancee. Now I want to be healthy for both of us & not just me. I want us to be have a long life together. I'm not losing just to look good for our wedding (it is motivation).

Again...easier said than done but, going to tell you don't be nervous. We can do this!!
  • kascntry
    Options
    So...Since Wed (5/23) I have been SO bad!! Free foods weren't cutting it what so ever. I did try to stick to my diet but, went off totally! I have already said that if I gain this week...I have only myself to blame. I'll even be happy w/ staying the same weight but, shall see what happens. I think my body is ready for other foods to be added back in is all.

I had a headache & funny thing....mashed potato took care of it.

Anyways...wish me luck!! How is your weight loss journey coming??
  • kascntry
    Options
    Another day of being bad. Not as bad as I have been but, still bad. I skipped 2 foods so I was able to have some pizza w/ chips. Was it worth it? Perhaps not in the end but, at the time....it was SO worth it!!

Tomorrow is my workout day so shall see if that helps me on Thursday weigh in. For now...I must get things together & head to bed. Have to work tomorrow & not ready for it. Has been nice having a 4 day weekend!
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    hey! so i see you have had a bit of a wild ride recently lol. i hope you are doing better now. I know those days can be hard. i had a few myself smh. i am excited to say i go to the cmwl tomorrow for my first appointment and hope that it turns out to be everything i expected. how much longer will you be on the program? oh and the headache could be from a lot of things including a vitamin or carb deficiency at the moment. i get them sometimes too. how did the weigh in go?
  • kascntry
    Options
    Yeah...I'm doing better now. Weigh in went well. Lost another pound. I was able to go to the next phase but, I can also still use the liquid diet. It is all a good thing. Tonight I had shrimp. I'm going to be on the program until I lose my 100lbs so...as you can see I still have a bit to go. As I said though..I may be at another point of the program but, always here for help & support.

How did your appointment go?
  • Mission2Me
    Options
    I didnt get to make it. my ride cancelled on me at the last minute. so now i have to try and work it out another way on a different date. they are almost 50 minutes away from me. so thats why they cancelled I guess.
  • Morganrcb1
    Options
    HI there,
    I'm just starting out pretty much here on my fitness pal. I just started the modified diet yesterday. Man, i'm starving already! I'll get used to it though. I hate, let me repeat, I hate the chocolate shakes. Not getting them again! But the bars and field berry are okay. I'll try the soup later today. Glad to see some fellow CMWL here.