Pelvic Thrusts?!

Options
StephieWillcox
StephieWillcox Posts: 627 Member
I just CANNOT do these like she shows you in Workout 2. Have tried in 4 separate workouts to do them with one leg crossed over the other but I just don't have the strength.

Did anyone else find this or am I just being weak?!

I have a few of her other DVD's and in one she does pelvic thrusts with both feet on the floor, so I just do that. I don't touch the ground in between reps and I push hard up to the sky on the push part. and by the end my bum is ABSOLUTELY KILLING.

I'm wondering if I should do it as she shows us, but touching the ground in between reps? Or just carry on as i am?

Any input welcome :)

Replies

• willow3eb
    willow3eb Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I had to modify those too because they were killing my lower back, and the last thing I wanted was to pull my back out.
  • KGTraxler
    KGTraxler Posts: 144
    Options
    I just CANNOT do these like she shows you in Workout 2. Have tried in 4 separate workouts to do them with one leg crossed over the other but I just don't have the strength.

Did anyone else find this or am I just being weak?!

I have a few of her other DVD's and in one she does pelvic thrusts with both feet on the floor, so I just do that. I don't touch the ground in between reps and I push hard up to the sky on the push part. and by the end my bum is ABSOLUTELY KILLING.

I'm wondering if I should do it as she shows us, but touching the ground in between reps? Or just carry on as i am?

Any input welcome :)

I understand that they were difficult for me too. What I did was do the one leg cross over for as long as I could and then modified if I had to. Even if you can just do one or two like that in a session, that's definitely something to be proud of. It's all about progression so eventually you can build up. For workouts 3 and 4 I stayed on an extra week to make sure I had things down so you can always add on a week for extra practice, too.
  • StephieWillcox
    Options
    Thanks - I think it's my back that's causing the problems as I have a very bad lower back that doesnt seem to be improving!

I will try doing a couple before modifying next time to build it up :)

Thanks guys
  • idlecrush
    idlecrush Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had problems with these too. I just did them as best as I could.
  • amymimi12
    amymimi12 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Totally had the same problem... it got a bit better by the third time I did workout 2 (today). I'm just trying to build up to it. A little frightened to see how much harder the workouts get, I'm so out of shape! :tongue:
  • mrswarrick
    mrswarrick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I remember Pelvic Thrusts from Jane Fonda... they are not hard for me doing the two legs down. Perhaps adjusting your feet to be a little closer to your but could help do them the two feet way or the cross over. I can do some one leg up and then have to drop to the cross over. Also try spacing your legs a little farther out. I remember in Jane fonda you did one set of pelvic thrusts with your knees out and those were easier than the ones with your knees together. I would shift around to try and find that sweet spot where you feel your buns burning.

*A little note to Stephie- I have struggled with low back pain for so long I felt it was normal. I started doing pilates and it really helped. I've read once you strengthen your low back it can help the pain subside. I love Ellen Barrent's Pick your level pilates. I instant watch on Netflix. There are a couple of moves that really feel like there is a release in my lower back and it feels so good!!!

Good Luck!
  • StephieWillcox
    Options

*A little note to Stephie- I have struggled with low back pain for so long I felt it was normal. I started doing pilates and it really helped. I've read once you strengthen your low back it can help the pain subside. I love Ellen Barrent's Pick your level pilates. I instant watch on Netflix. There are a couple of moves that really feel like there is a release in my lower back and it feels so good!!!

Good Luck!

Oooooh thank you so much, I will netflix this when I get home!!!! I definitely know that I need to strengthen my lower back, just feels like when I try to all I do is make it worse!