Options
iam_thatdude
iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
Its like smoking....when im bored I eat....therefore I plan my day better

Replies

• holly3585
    holly3585 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Same here! Boredom is one of my many pit falls! Therefor I plan to think of the times of day I 'boredom eat' and plan something- ANYTHING!!!
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    We eat to fill deep psychological issues sometimes...I let food fill me with halpiness at yhe detriment of real happiness. Now im learning to make food fuel and not a "hole filler"
  • holly3585
    Options
    I think our ideas are very similar! I agree w/ you 100%
  • B_Running
    B_Running Posts: 158
    Options
    It's as if we have to un-learn what we've been resorting to (eating just to eat/eating for comfort). I haven't found anything that works for me long-term... or even for more than a day or two = [ I've tried telling myself that I'll do 30 squats before I walk into the kitchen (when I get the urge) or I'll do some yoga, but in those moments, I'm only held accountable to myself and for some reason, that never seems to be enough. When I'm around people, however, my willpower and discipline usually skyrocket. Unfortunately, I work from home and my boyfriend (we live together) will be gone for the next couple months : (
  • EmpressLishy
    EmpressLishy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yep! I've always had this problem. It's not quite as bad as it used to be. Weekends are the hardest. During the week I'm at work and busy. I also bring my lunch so there's a limited amount of food I can eat unless someone in the office brings cupcakes. But on the weekends there's a whole kitchen full of food to cure my boredom. It takes a lot of willpower not to walk in there and eat something. Sometimes I fail, sometimes I don't. It's really hard nonetheless. I can try to occupy myself until the next meal, but sometimes I feel like an addict. My thoughts always tend to revolve around food no matter how I try to avoid it.
  • holly3585
    Options
    It's as if we have to un-learn what we've been resorting to (eating just to eat/eating for comfort). I haven't found anything that works for me long-term... or even for more than a day or two = [ I've tried telling myself that I'll do 30 squats before I walk into the kitchen (when I get the urge) or I'll do some yoga, but in those moments, I'm only held accountable to myself and for some reason, that never seems to be enough. When I'm around people, however, my willpower and discipline usually skyrocket. Unfortunately, I work from home and my boyfriend (we live together) will be gone for the next couple months : (

SO TRUE!!!
    We all need to un-learn these habits, but it's so hard! I realize at times, and immediately correct myself when speaking to, or even bear my daughter, becuase I realize that I want to help her develpoe a more healthy relationship with food than I developed. I am also with ya that for some reason my will power is so much stronger around others. It is when left to my own devices that I crumble.......
  • holly3585
    Options
    Yep! I've always had this problem. It's not quite as bad as it used to be. Weekends are the hardest. During the week I'm at work and busy. I also bring my lunch so there's a limited amount of food I can eat unless someone in the office brings cupcakes. But on the weekends there's a whole kitchen full of food to cure my boredom. It takes a lot of willpower not to walk in there and eat something. Sometimes I fail, sometimes I don't. It's really hard nonetheless. I can try to occupy myself until the next meal, but sometimes I feel like an addict. My thoughts always tend to revolve around food no matter how I try to avoid it.

I completely understand what you mean! Sometimes I truely feel like I am a food addict. It seems to just always be on my mind. I feel at times like once the thought is created in my mind I dwell until I cave. I NEED to learn to get through it without caving! We can figure this out together!
  • tameejean
    tameejean Posts: 197 Member
    Options

I completely understand what you mean! Sometimes I truely feel like I am a food addict. It seems to just always be on my mind. I feel at times like once the thought is created in my mind I dwell until I cave. I NEED to learn to get through it without caving! We can figure this out together!

This! I don't have kids and my husband is pretty much "gone" half the week (he works 12 hour graveyard shifts 3 and 4 days a week over Thurs-Sun), so my downfall is the weekends, but I pretty much obsess over food, one way or the other and have as long as I can remember. I wish I could just get it out of my head :explode:
  • EmpressLishy
    EmpressLishy Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Exactly! Once the thought is there it gnaws at me until I give in. Then that overwhelming desire to eat something is replaced by the guilt. No matter what, I lose! Like you said, somehow I need to learn how to get past and overcome those thoughts.