workout 5

Options
How does everyone do with the yoga warm up? I never feel like I'm doing it right and I think I look everything but graceful. Also, does/did anyone else have trouble with the super sets? In the second circuit where you go from the tricep dips to the chest flys it kills me. On the second go around of that circuit I can't get all the way through the chest flys with the cable. Not sure if I should do 5 & 6 for another week instead of switching next week. Any advice from those who know what's coming in workouts 7 & 8? Thanks!

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    7 is rough. Real rough. Personally, I would probably move on though. I think that unless you can't make it through at all, you should be ok. But listen to your body and do what you are comfortable with:smile:
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    oh, and 8 is tough, but nothing like 7. I'll let you know next Monday how 9 is!!!
  • jens_mission
    jens_mission Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The chest flys are hard for me too....my shoulders were on fire with those. I would advance on to 7 & 8. I did 7 for the first time yesterday and it's a killer!!!! A lot of planks and push ups. I have to keep with the modified because I haven't been able to advance myself to regular push ups yet. Oh.....the push-ups with the leg/knee extended to the elbow.....I can only do 1! Ugh......slowly building ourselves as we go along. Before we know it we will be saying 'that was easy'! LOL
  • formerpyt
    formerpyt Posts: 56
    Options
    You don't have to look graceful (gosh, she makes everything look like it should be so smooth and easy). Work those particular muscles in that form as much as you can (modify if you need to, but keep those muscles working). Personally, I struggled with a lot of the yoga stuff, but plugged along. I'm in week 9 now, and some things have been so challenging, but look so simple when Jillian and the others do them. It's easy to let self-doubt creep in. We really want things to be "easier" or to be more comfortable, like they are for the "American Gladiators" on the DVD. I contemplated repeating 7 and 8 for this reason, but I'm glad a moved on. It's not supposed to get to the point of being comfortable or easy - and who cares if we're graceful, she can't really see us (can she?.... :embarassed: ) All you can do is all you can do. Then move on and you'll be surprised at what you've done.