What to put peanut butter on?

Options
bashiera
bashiera Posts: 140 Member
Hey guys! New to paleo/primal here. Went to the grocery yesterday and got a bunch of yummy paleo food for cheap on sale, and one of those things was a huge jar of natural peanut butter (ingredients being peanuts and salt). So, I got that sucker all stirred and mixed up and then...nothing. I don't eat bread (didn't like it before I went paleo), no apples since they're out of seasons, and no paleo jelly (just smucker's with added sugar). So, what do you guys put peanut butter/nut butter on?

Replies

• treatgirl
    treatgirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Nothing cos peanuts are totally not paleo!! :sad: Try almond butter instead: on apples, just on a spoon, on some dark chocolate...yum!
  • bashiera
    Options
    I would do almond butter, but it's 12 dollars a jar. I'm a poor college kid already scraping the bottom of the barrel for money, so peanut butter is a cheap and easy way for me to get fat and protein. I thought natural peanut butter was okay?
  • sapalee
    sapalee Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Peanuts are actually a legume (bean), not a nut. Common misconception that they are a nut, don't feel bad. I wouldn't throw it out, just maybe not buy the next time. I did not love almond butter at all, and it was pricey, I'd rather stick to just eating nuts. If you get the big bags in the baking aisle they are less expensive.
  • missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    If you've got a stout blender, you can make your own nut butter. I found Almonds on sale yesterday for $3.99 a lb...they'll soon be almond flour and butter too. Yum!
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Celery. In a smoothie. Alone, by the spoonful.
  • bashiera
    Options
    Good advice guys! I'll check out the price of almonds at the bulk store next time I go.