30's 5/23

Options
lilpe5512
lilpe5512 Posts: 425 Member
Welcome to our daily thread!

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

[Anyone can start the daily thread, just make the new subject and copy and paste the intro. Thanks in advance for your help.]

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Paul (PJYoung2012)
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Erica (epa422)
Debbie (shorty313)
Melissa (lissa0040)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)

Replies

• lilpe5512
    Options
    Where is everybody? Have you guys started the holiday early?
  • chanstriste13
    chanstriste13 Posts: 3,277 Member
    Options
    hey, you! not starting early here - but wish i was! went to the county courthouse this morning to handle my little lapse of vehicle registration. it was not at all as bad as i thought it would be - they moved really fast! then had my training with psycho lady. learned a great little toruture move i hadn't seen yet. do cruches in table top position while holding up a 12 pound exercise ball with your shins. not cool! i'm going to have to practice that one - i sucked at it!

happy hump day to everyone!
  • lilpe5512
    Options
    OMG! That does sound like torture! Good luck!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day, all!

My biggest victory of the day: making my protein shake taste like a frappuccino. Surprisingly, all I had to do was add 6oz black coffee + some sugar free french vanilla coffee syrup to the usual shake and pour it over ice. Win.

This is a big improvement over yesterday, when I seriously pulled/tweaked something in my lower back trying to get into wheel pose for a Jillian Michaels workout video. Curse you Jillian Michaels....
  • PJYoung2012
    PJYoung2012 Posts: 191
    Options
    Hiya gang, greetings from the uncommonly warm United Kingdom. Have had a rotten day at work today. The sudden change in temperature has caused all kinds of problems with my fish today. Thought we were going to have a big fish kill on our hands at one point. I know the nice weather is a good thing and everything but it couldn't have happened at a worse time.
    Have had to reach deep and deal with my stress eating today. I didn't get the chance to have lunch till 3.30pm and by the time i got home i was starving and just wanted to comfort eat. But i managed to take it out on a couple of carrots and some small apples. Going to go out on my bike later just to make myself feel better about the day. Trouble is tomorrow has bad day written all over it too. Sigh, nobody said this was going to be easy.
  • clareeast
    clareeast Posts: 64
    Options
    It has been warm in the UK today, and consequently I've been very lazy. I went to help teach 4 and 5 year olds to swim this morning, and then did the grocery shopping. After putting things away, hubby and I went for a drink at the pub near the boys' school - it was beautiful, sipping a sparkling water, in the beer garden with some friends. Then we all came home - the kids rode their bikes and I walked up and down the lane with them a little - and then had a barbeque for tea.

All was fine until about five minutes before the food was done, when my eldest son launched himself off his bike - cue: Mum into full-blown panic mode!! He was quite badly shaken, and was bleeding quite badly from the mouth. Further inspection discovered he had bitten into his lip, and chipped one of his front teeth. Not sure how much other damage there is - he says it feels like his teeth have moved, but I can't see any thing obvious. He also has grazes all down his right side, and hated it when I cleaned them up with antiseptic. It's meant to be sports day at school tomorrow - not sure whether he will be competing or not!

Paul - I'm sure the fine weather could cause you all sorts of problems in your work! On Friday, our farm was (ahem!) "depopulated" so we haven't had any issues here. But a neighbouring farm rang my husband this afternoon for advice on recognising heat stress in chickens.
  • lilpe5512
    Options
    Happy hump day, all!

My biggest victory of the day: making my protein shake taste like a frappuccino. Surprisingly, all I had to do was add 6oz black coffee + some sugar free french vanilla coffee syrup to the usual shake and pour it over ice. Win.

This is a big improvement over yesterday, when I seriously pulled/tweaked something in my lower back trying to get into wheel pose for a Jillian Michaels workout video. Curse you Jillian Michaels....

What is a wheel pose and what dvd are you doing?
  • ellie78
    ellie78 Posts: 375
    Options
    Its raining like mad here today! Its really making me want to eat, fortunately I'm nearly out of food so I couldn't do much damage tonight even if I wanted to :laugh:

I am so looking forward to the long weekend. I don't have a thing planned except my 10K and I am really looking forward to some downtime. I have to go out saturday and stock up on supplies for the two cats I'm inheriting in a week. I'm not very excited about the cats. I prefer dogs, but I would never send them to a shelter so I am taking one for the team (that would be the family team) on this one. I'm totally going to be that idiot at Petsmart taking advice from a 17 year old clerk, though. No idea really what to do with these guys aside from the basics. At any rate I am totally off topic now....

Have a good night all!
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ellie - I'm so NOT a cat person, I feel for you!

Today was busy, I had some dr appt for my son do didn't even get into work at noon., but I snuck tot he gym for a quick bike ride before anyone saw me. :smile:

We'll be at my parent's beach house this weekend, it will be good to see them after a few months. And looking forward to a long weekend, the weather is looking good. I hope I can stay on track this weekend!
  • neurochamp
    neurochamp Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Happy hump day, all!

What is a wheel pose and what dvd are you doing?

I'm doing Jillian Michaels Body Revolution (like p90x...but Jillian's version).

Wheel pose is basically holding yourself up in an arch (tummy up) with hands and feet on the floor....like bending over backwards but you get there by pressing up from the floor (I tried to post a picture, but it's not coming up).

Anyway, from there, I was supposed to do pushups (lower head to the ground and then push back up). Let's just say I epic failed.