Do you net your BMR or cut value on work out days?

twoboys2012
twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
Hi there :smile:

I have noticed that some of you have stated that you net your cut value whether you work out or not and i was wondering how many of you prefer to do this rather than just net your BMR. This is workout days only.

I net my cut value on non workout days and on workout days i feel like i could eat more than netting at my BMR which i do do sometimes but just wondering what you all prefer to do.

If consistency is the key then wouldn't it make sense if we ate one flat number rather than fluctuating between netting cut value and BMR? ... higher burn days aside of course.

Thanks for your time guys :flowerforyou:

Replies

• ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Hey there, we say cut value daily, on high burn day net bmr. If you are still hungry on workout day then eat. I sometimes would blow past net bmr and net my cut especially after a heavy lift routine.

This is a guideline...generic to get people to start eating. It is hard getting that commitment to be consistent. The great thing is once we get rolling our body wakes up again and starts demanding...we must listen and give it the proper nutrients.
  • lisa_m
    lisa_m Posts: 5
    Trying to understand this question and answer.

On workout days, do I eat to my cut value or BMR? Seems like I should eat to cut value since I am more active on workout days and therefore need more fuel.
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Trying to understand this question and answer.

On workout days, do I eat to my cut value or BMR? Seems like I should eat to cut value since I am more active on workout days and therefore need more fuel.

Every single day you eat your cut value. On workout days just check on home page what you net is and if less than your BMR then eat back calories till you are over it.
    Most of the time you will be fine unless you do a really high burn day and then all you have to do is check it and eat more if needed.
    That help?
  • lisa_m
    lisa_m Posts: 5
    Yes, thanks!
  • rmk20togo
    rmk20togo Posts: 353 Member
    Hey there, we say cut value daily, on high burn day net bmr. If you are still hungry on workout day then eat. I sometimes would blow past net bmr and net my cut especially after a heavy lift routine.

This is a guideline...generic to get people to start eating. It is hard getting that commitment to be consistent. The great thing is once we get rolling our body wakes up again and starts demanding...we must listen and give it the proper nutrients.

Wow, I learned something here. I always eat cut value (15%-20% or 2,000-2125), regardless of calories burned. I'm a cardio junkie and my high burn days run 750-1000 4x/week. I'd have to eat 2300-2500 calorie a day to net BMR. :noway: :love: Not sure I have the courage for that yet. I'm just now seeing a tiny loss with eating cut value.