please look at my food diary

Options
Llaybhs84
Llaybhs84 Posts: 10 Member
Could someone who has a little more knowledge than me take a look at my food diary and see if you can spot what I am not doing that I should. I have only lost 1 pound in two weeks and thats with me going to the gym every other day. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me :smile:

Replies

• busywaterbending
    busywaterbending Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I can't tell much, your latest entries are nothing like your earlier ones.

I do see that you are eating most of your calories before bed time. Bad habit. Adjust that. Also you have some high GI meals before bed. Eliminate those too.

Best wishes.
  • hummingbirdxss
    hummingbirdxss Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Just scanned through and here's some general notes:
    (Disclaimer....I'm no expert LOL )

Atkins bars are known to stall people. Use caution.

Use caution with your processed foods. Hot Dogs, although protein, are PACKED with preservitives. Not good and will cause a stall too. Noting we cook comes close to real food even if it takes some preplanning and prep.

Carrots ? Lots of sugar and not worth it. Dole spring mix salad, brocolli, cauliflower, and cucumers are much better.

Hope this helps !!
  • mountainmare
    mountainmare Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    First of all great job on your loss already.
    Have you read the Atkins book? Are you just watching carbs a bit?
    A couple of things. In Atkins the guidelines are really clear for each phase. Eat between 1500-1800 cal per day, a portion size of meat is 4-6 ounces, eat most of your carbs from foundation veggies--about six cups of salad greens or four cups greens and two cups cooked, only 4 ounces of ages cheese per day, be careful with fats--don't overuse. Then after induction you slowly add carbs by adding first more veggies, then fruits and whole grains.
    It looks like you are not eating enough and also be careful with the data you get from MFP, for example you logged balogna but it only counted calories, no carbs (it has some) , no fat , no protien--now we know that's not right.
    I did strick induction for four weeks, by the book. I lost 8 pounds right away then stalled-- NOTHING--for 4 weeks. i was at 1200 calories (often under) and 20 net carbs. I upped my calories to 1450 net and carbs by adjusting my macros and broke the plateau.
    I suspect that you are at a normal plateau and need to tweek things. Even so the Atkins book says that after that forst water weight loss you can expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week. You are doing fine.
  • Llaybhs84
    Llaybhs84 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone for the input I really really blew it today had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich first time i have cheated since I started guess I will just have to jump start my diet again tomorrow. Really upset with myself for blowing this. How long does it take to get myself back into ketosis? And no more atkins bars for me lol