Goals

Options
I posted some goals on my blog not too long ago (http://thepracticalhousewife.blogspot.com) that I think are reasonable and doable for me at this point and time in my life.

As we get this group started, what are some fit & healthy goals you would like to reach this year?

I know it's May and that we are 5 months into the year. It is never too late to start!

:heart:

Replies

• lisahiner
    lisahiner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My goal is to not actually diet, but to eat healthier and to exercise daily. That may not sound like a lot, but I have a lot of weight to lose and I've tried dieting so many times just to fail that I need to think about it differently. One of my problems is that I have fibromyalgia, and some days are awful, and I have trouble doing anything....last night was one of those nights. And somehow, when I feel that bad, I want something I can crunch that's salty. Unfortunately, there were potato chips in the house, and I ate some. Grrrr... way to sabotage my efforts. But today I'm back on track, at least so far.
  • blaineandcat
    Options
    I am with you on the crunchy salty temptations. Instead of giving it up completely, I try to take a portion out of the bag, place it in a bowl and when the bowl is empty...I stop. That way I still can enjoy that yummy, crunchy and salty goodness without going crazy.

*That is such a cute picture of you and Bruce!
  • lisahiner
    lisahiner Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    That's not a bad idea. Thanks! I suppose better would be just to not buy it. It generally doesn't tempt me, but for some reason when I really hurt, I feel like I need that! Not sure why. That picture was taken on our vacation, at Ruby Falls. We've never been there, and a nice young couple offered to take our picture. :-)

How's your exercise going? I didn't do anything today - I was feeling so bad. Maybe tomorrow will be better!
  • blaineandcat
    Options
    I had a great time at the gym which has a totally different vibe than most centers I have been in. It is really nice. :smile: If you change your mind about going - let me know. It is $8 for a day pass or $30 for 1 month - no service contracts - no pressure - so nice.

I think tonight it will be a casual walk around the river. :smile:
  • losinglbs0208
    Options
    Hey y'all,
    I just got married at the end of March so I've been stalking all the wife blogs and I'm so happy to combine my "get healthy" plan with my "be the best possible wife" plan!
    My health goals are to drop some more weight (I've dropped and regained the same 20-40 lbs at least three times in my 20s and 30s) but to do it healthfully. I tend to rely on low carb diets, which work well for me, until I taste bread. Eating low carb also prevents migraines for me, so I try to stay away from breads and pasta and sweets for that reason, too.
    Also, I am working on making exercise a permanent part of my life. I've started the Couch 2 5K plan again (third time, and yes, I finished it the previous two times) and really want to exercise for mental as well as physical reasons.
    Plus, we plan on starting a family as soon as a few job situations get worked out, so I really want to be at least 20 pounds lighter before doing that.

So thankful for the work you do on your blog, and I'm looking forward to being a part of this group.
  • bonnieandsunny
    Options
    Hello Ladies!

Everyone has great goals. I am wanting to get down to 109-110 lbs and STAY there. Right now I am hovering around 113-114. Raw nuts, cereals, and pretzels are my triggers to mindless eating. Once I start nibbling on these I have a hard time stopping! If my husband and boys weren't partial to them, I would just eliminate them from the pantry. But... I need to develop good ole fashioned self control and learn to live with them without indulging.

Exercise wise I'm doing fine. I'm very active and do walking or jogging everyday, stretching every day, and lifting some weights when the mood strikes. Plus I am always working in the yard, or cleaning house which is good exercise too.

I will be rooting for each one of you!
  • GardenGirl456
    Options
    My main goal is to keep moving forward, to keep making healthy choices each and every day. Starting today I want to build the habits of getting some additional movement/activity each day and choosing the healthier foods to include into my meals. I don't want to throw in the towel a few weeks or months from now. I want to keep going and not give up.

This may seem childish to some, but I think it will work for me since I am a visual person: I am going to get a wall calendar to use to monitor how many days I am exercising and choosing to eat healthy/record my foods. I will put a gold star on the calendar on the days that I exercise and I will put a different sticker on the days that I choose to eat healthier. I will aim to fill up most of the days of the month with stickers (2 stickers per day). Now to see if I have a calendar around here that will suit that purpose. I already have the stickers. This will help me to see how I am doing at a glance with my new habits. Building these habits will be a big factor into getting healthier.
  • blaineandcat
    Options
    I think that is a fabulous idea! When you find something that works for you, then do it! :smile: