Chernobyl Diaries

Options

Replies

• Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    COME OUT THIS WEEKEND!!! Saw an extended preview for it on tv the other night and made me even more excited to see it. It kind threw me for a loop cause now I can't tell if there really are people/creatures attacking the vacationers or if its them after each other because of the radiation effects but man it looks awesome I am planning on seein it this weekend for sure!

that would be a huge and <potentially disappointing> twist. If they did it right however, then it would be an amazing twist that would be difficult to process at first. I'm gonna see it in the theatres, just dont know if its gonna be this weekend or next weekend.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    COME OUT THIS WEEKEND!!! Saw an extended preview for it on tv the other night and made me even more excited to see it. It kind threw me for a loop cause now I can't tell if there really are people/creatures attacking the vacationers or if its them after each other because of the radiation effects but man it looks awesome I am planning on seein it this weekend for sure!

that would be a huge and <potentially disappointing> twist. If they did it right however, then it would be an amazing twist that would be difficult to process at first. I'm gonna see it in the theatres, just dont know if its gonna be this weekend or next weekend.

same her ebro im hoping to go thsi weekend, if not next weekend at the latest. and ya that would be a crazy awesome twist if dont right, if not then....
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

same her ebro im hoping to go thsi weekend, if not next weekend at the latest. and ya that would be a crazy awesome twist if dont right, if not then....

those kinds of movies I think are best for the theatres. Like I saw Paranormal Activity 3 in the theatres and holy $h!t, I lost my $h!t a couple of times. Where as I saw PA 1 and 2 at home and was pretty tame.
  • istalkzombies
    istalkzombies Posts: 344 Member
    Options

those kinds of movies I think are best for the theatres. Like I saw Paranormal Activity 3 in the theatres and holy $h!t, I lost my $h!t a couple of times. Where as I saw PA 1 and 2 at home and was pretty tame.

Ya it really just depends on how it's made, I think Chernobyl Diaries will be good either at home or theatres I just have a strong feeling about this movie, I might end up crying it it sucks just cause I have such a good feeling about lol
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I am really looking forward to this!!! I like UE and Pripyat & Chernobyl are incredible places for UE stuff.

JM
  • BrendarB
    BrendarB Posts: 2,770 Member
    Options
    So since my leg wouldn't work last night for me to work out - I went and saw this. It's about what you expect.
    Here's what I liked:
    the location
    The acting was decent (this was actually a little shocking)
    almost ending

Here's what was typical
    slow start to build up
    shaky picture (ie hand held)

here's what I didn't like
    nothing made me jump or react
    ending

Won't say anything else unless someone else has seen it, dont' want to give anything away
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    So since my leg wouldn't work last night for me to work out - I went and saw this. It's about what you expect.
    Here's what I liked:
    the location
    The acting was decent (this was actually a little shocking)
    almost ending

Here's what was typical
    slow start to build up
    shaky picture (ie hand held)

here's what I didn't like
    nothing made me jump or react
    ending

Won't say anything else unless someone else has seen it, dont' want to give anything away
    aww.. really? Nothing made a jump scare?

How did you do on Paranormal Activity?
  • LWeiler82
    LWeiler82 Posts: 40
    Options
    I have to agree with Brenda on this one. Saw the movie on the weekend and just wasn't really wowed by it. To Mr. Cape: I'm not a big fan of the Paranormal Activity movies either-although I did just watch the third one last night and it was probably the best out of them.
  • BrendarB
    Options
    hey Cape, nope, didn't see Paranormal Activity, so really don't have a comparison
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    So, as a man who loves those scary first person flicks and all the Paranormal Activities where something scared him and haunted him for awhile, how would you say they would react to this movie?
  • BrendarB
    Options
    So, not having watched Paranormal activity, let's ask the following

What did you think of Session 9 - did it creep you out?
    What did you think of, crap, what was that ****ty movie everyone loved but me.....Witch project blair - did you like that?

If you answered yes, to first and yes to the second, then you will probably like this movie
    If you answered yes to the first and no to the second, you will be like me and think it was ok
    if you answered no to the first and yes to the second, please leave now before the beatings begin as you deserve to get the **** beat out of you
    If you answered no to both, then I can't help you.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Gah.. Session 9 is on my que still. I will make it a point to watch it tomorrow. <busy tonight> From the trailers and what some people have said, it sounds like a kick *kitten* creepy movie that I cant wait to watch.

Blair Witch Project was creepy <saw it when I was 16> and gave me the chills in some parts, but I wont watch it again. I wasnt that interested. Cloverfield wasnt very scary but very very cool. I havent seen any other movies that are first person besides P.A. that really freaked me out.
  • BrendarB
    Options
    Gah.. Session 9 is on my que still. I will make it a point to watch it tomorrow. <busy tonight> From the trailers and what some people have said, it sounds like a kick *kitten* creepy movie that I cant wait to watch.

Blair Witch Project was creepy <saw it when I was 16> and gave me the chills in some parts, but I wont watch it again. I wasnt that interested. Cloverfield wasnt very scary but very very cool. I havent seen any other movies that are first person besides P.A. that really freaked me out.

BEATINGS WILL COMMENCE IMMEDIATELY!!!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

;D why is this exciting?
  • BrendarB
    Options

;D why is this exciting?

Cause your my kind of perverted. :bigsmile:

I didn't like witch blair, it was way to predicatable and kinda campy, but I'm older, so am more jaded.
    If you liked blair project you will probably really like Chernobyl.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options

;D why is this exciting?

Cause your my kind of perverted. :bigsmile:

I didn't like witch blair, it was way to predicatable and kinda campy, but I'm older, so am more jaded.
    If you liked blair project you will probably really like Chernobyl.

Well, I didnt really like BWP. It was spooky, but I was a kid when I saw it. The whole "I'm so scared" thing annoyed me. But I do like that type of movie where the audience is going along for the ride.
  • BrendarB
    Options
    I still think you might like it, but let me know what you think of Session 9 and I can give you a better feel.

It's typical kinda POV horror, but the backdrop is fantastic
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed Session 9.

JM
  • Mr_Cape219
    Options
    Woah, Session 9 is a POV movie?

HOHO I will watch this the minute I get home at 3pm!
  • BrendarB
    Options
    Kinda, but not in the sense that you think - watch it and let us know what you think