I can hardly stand being over on the regular MFP anymore

Options
graysmom2005
graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
UGH! There was a girl who was asking about eating 1000 calories a day. Everyone was appalled and then said for her to eat 1200. A whopping 200 calories more. Everyone's calories seem so, so low and I know they are going to end up stalling out like I did, and it's so frustrating. I almost can't go over to that forum anymore. Bums me out. Vent over. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I know whatcha mean.
    I have an MFP friend who was ranting about how she doesnt want to eat more, she wants a negative net every day, yet was frustrated because she hadn't lost any weight!?

People can be stupid. End of story. I try to help and be patient but it's hard when they're like "lolz no u dont kno wat ur talkin bout" after they ask for help. *facepalm*
  • Mell00546
    Mell00546 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. I posted a question in the forums before I found this group. My weight loss had stalled and I asked if anyone had any thoughts to start it back up. Not one person said eat more. Almost all of them said eat between 1200-1500 calories (max/no eating back exercise calories). I did that for 2 weeks before finding this group. Thank goodness I did! I was starving!
  • Agirard25
    Agirard25 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am so thankful that I found this group! I just FINALLY broke a 7 week plateau today and I can't explain how happy I feel to have a better understanding of how to fuel my body!!!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    There are some days I can't handle being on the EM2WL boards either- so I pick where I can spend my energy that day and how I can help. Maybe I'm not supposed to help on the main boards that day- perhaps there is someone on my friends list who needs some extra care. Perhaps I'm supposed to spend time with me today and working on myself-

I get frustrated only when I feel I have to do it ALL :)
  • Noor13
    Noor13 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I hear you lol

I don't even know myself how I could ever eat that little for so many years....*shakeshead* :noway:
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    UGH! There was a girl who was asking about eating 1000 calories a day. Everyone was appalled and then said for her to eat 1200. A whopping 200 calories more. Everyone's calories seem so, so low and I know they are going to end up stalling out like I did, and it's so frustrating. I almost can't go over to that forum anymore. Bums me out. Vent over. :flowerforyou:

I KNOW!!!

It's like being in the "Land of Anxiety" vs. the "Land of Freedom".

When I think of what I put myself through...........
  • missdimpley
    missdimpley Posts: 192
    Options
    Oh yes definitely! there is a girl on my list who is eating 800 calories!@ I had to delete her because she was so happy about how much she ate and how much she works out. she lost couple of pounds. I can't stand seeing her starve herself because I'm much happier right now. so I told her I am sorrY I can't support that kind of lifestyle... and deleted her :)
  • natini
    natini Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I get so frustrated reading the forums over there. It is always the same questions over and over and people who under eat. I now find myself only reading the forums in this group. :smile:
  • twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    yeah ... i start to think maybe i can enlighten them to eat more and feel better but so many haters out there too. their just hungry!!!:bigsmile:

I need to focus on me for now but I also feel the overpowering need to help when they seem to be struggling ... ho hum!
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Me too! I have a friend on here who's super addicted to running right now, and she's still decently overweight and eating 1200-1400 calories a day and every time she posts about being burned out and exhausted and frustrated that the scale isn't moving very fast, I try to tell her to eat more, that she's tired because she's starving. And it goes completely unheard amongst all the other people going "just push through, you're doing great the way you are". Sigh. I love the EM2WL boards, they are my sanity oasis on MFP :)
  • elly1979
    elly1979 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is the first group I found--thank goodness! I did a google about plateaus, found a message on the min forums, which lead me here.

You all seem much more articulate, intelligent and thoughtful than the MFP masses. I love it! I don't really visit the other forums because this has what I need :)
  • Evelynandchris
    Evelynandchris Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I ate 1025 calories a day for 3 months and I never want to go back to that. It is hard to bite my tongue when I see my friends or other MFPers going down the same pathway. So, I tend to stay away from the other boards.
  • jackiecroberts
    jackiecroberts Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I was one of those (idiots). I cannot believe I was taking in usually less than 800 calories by the time I finished exercising. I am SO glad I found this group as well. I am able to eat, mind you, not gorge myself, but I am able to have a good amount of filling nutritious food!! I cannot go back to that lifestyle. I don't care how long it takes me to shed all my weight. I am so happy that I am doing it the healthy way!!! Thanks to all of you in this group, I could not do it without you guys!!,
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Amen! I was eating right at my bmr and under before. I lost several pounds and then got stuck. Upped my cals and scaled moved again (and I'm happier because I'm eating more!). I'll never forget that one lady I saw in a thread who bragged about eating only 800 cals a day (said her doctor put her on it!) and was horribly vicious to anyone who said it was unhealthy. Probably crabby because she was hungry though lol
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I completely agree...Especially when I first started eating more and then reading all the different "advice" then I would question myself and over think.....

Then I would think of cutting back on calories and laugh and go eat.:bigsmile:
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    It seems sad that there are all these people out there that don't really want to understand how their body works. I love this group and all of the information I can find. I also moved past a plateau once I started reading.
  • shreddin_mama
    shreddin_mama Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    this group is awesome!!! i feel so much better since i started eating more and can see improvements big time.
  • mommamuscles
    mommamuscles Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    We need our own exclusive website!!! I had a conversation today with a girl who is trying to eat more, and oh, the horrid advice that gets handed out in the name of "theres no one-size-fits all solution". I wish people would stop throwing that around because it is simple science!!!! I have to just make my one or two comments, and then back away. The things that people believe are truly amazing! I had this girl today tell me you wont lose muscle on less than 1200 calories a day, as long as you are doing plenty of cardio. Grrr...
    Yes, it does feel mighty good to rant doesnt it? :P
  • zaithyr
    zaithyr Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    This group probably has the most sane and sensible people in it lol
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that many are misinformed and trusting of the advise that is given by the "mainstream". When I started yacking about it, I shared it with love and had patience with those that weren't ready to receive it. Many have come around, so I would say share the information in your feed about how good you are feeling and talk about your progress, take progress pics and continue to drop tidbits of scientific nfo you have learned. People will get curious and ask questions, more questions, the same questions...just keep answering. Ok ok ok sometimes I would post little rants about not fueling the body, and I'm sure I rubbed some the wrong way, but there were those that upped because of some of the ranting on the "soapbox"...lol.