Pole Dancing for fitness...

Options
nikkay2desire
nikkay2desire Posts: 36 Member
I know I do... does anyone else here pole? It is AWESOME doesn't feel like a workout until the next day when you can't move LOL... I love it.. been poling since feb 2011...

Replies

• Princess721
    Princess721 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I dont yet BUT as soon as I loose about 50 more pounds I will start...its hard to find a pole that has a high enough weigh capacity for me
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I have not tried it yet but it sounds pretty fun
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't mind trying it at some point.
  • vegagirl2012
    Options
    I took a four week class in 2010 & definitely felt the workout. When I use to tell people about the class they would get a misconception from it. I had to tell people that it was actually a really fun class & we did more exercises in the class than anything. People don't realize that it helps you develop a strong core & upper body strength because you have to be able to lift yourself on the pole. I'm thinking about taking another class again but will have to find a way to fit it into my schedule. I would love one for my home but they are expensive.
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I really want to, but have not found a class nor the time for it yet. I'm going to need a bit more confidence for it too. The thought kind of intimidates me at the moment.
  • abfit4life
    abfit4life Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I had a lot of misconceptions about pole dancing until i was invited by a girlfriend to a demo-party a couple years ago. I could strut around the pole like a diva but could not do a doggone thing else even if you paid me.:bigsmile: While this girl was literally doing flips and swinging from the pole. :wink: It required a kind of upper body strength and flexibility which I clearly did not have. Given the opportunity I would try it again.
  • ladynica
    ladynica Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    When I get a bit smaller, I'm definitely going to take some pole classes for exercise and fun. i'm definitely fascinated with it.
  • Bignfulww
    Bignfulww Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I really really really want to but im afraid the will turn me away:-(
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I have tried it before when I was smaller in size, however. Since I've put on weight have not gone back, though I do intend to when I lose about 25 of the 50 that I need to drop. They are so fun and build confidence, physical strength and flexibility that every woman needs, no matter what size she is.
  • TattedInStilettos
    TattedInStilettos Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I started pole dancing class last week & I love it...at first I was nervous but its really fun & great exercise...
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Yes its a great workout and its great for building upper body strength. Glad you enjoyed it
  • rararoxybrown82
    Options
    I pole too !!!! :tongue: It is a great workout, and it kicks my butt !!!!
  • dalexander82
    dalexander82 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My friends and I have been talking about pole dancing.. I am going to give it a try after I drop 20 more pds or so.. Sounds exciting! :wink:
  • Chinadollpuss
    Chinadollpuss Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't but i do want to try it after i lose 50 more pounds
  • Dottiesweet
    Dottiesweet Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My friends and I went to one for a bachelorette party. It was really fun and a great workout. Would love to fit one into my busy schedule.
  • msdominique1
    msdominique1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    :happy: I have been interested in trying this class, yet I do not know what to expect... but I will be attending on this Sunday...

It does sound like lots of fun... SO I will see...